What's new

Awesome score, but need help to identify

I called some antique stores today, looking for a straight razor. Only one had any, so I went on over there. I looked over the 2 that they had, noticed one had a sizable nick out of the blade, and the other looked pretty nice. I asked her if she had any DE's, and after some simple explaining of what a double edge safety razor was, she started rummaging through some stuff. She pulled out a little tin with a couple of brushes and a couple razors. Then she pulled out the mother load. It was a plastic bag full of razors. I was like a kid at Christmas, looking at all the goodies. The best part was this whole bag was only $20. I do need some help with identifying these. Here's the link to the page with the pictures I took: http://imgboot.com/gallery/DreamingRevelation/Razors/

If it doesn't work, let me know. The first 2 are of my bag o' goodies. The next 3 are of my shave stuff. At some point, I want to add some shelves to the bottom one, and some hooks somewhere to hang the razors. The next 4 are of the Gillette that danek PIF'd to me. The 2 after that are of the contents of the bag on my bed (I'm limited for space), one with the boxes closed, and one with them open. I also picked up the straight while I was there, that was $15, a pic of that is in there. The last one is of what was waiting in my mailbox when I got back home. An Omega brush to keep at SWMBO, and Lord blades. A very rewarding day indeed. :001_cool:

Great score . . . you did well with it!!! :thumbup1:

Just one of the adjustables could have sold for $20 . . . and I see three of them in there!

Great score . . . you did well with it!!! :thumbup1:

Just one of the adjustables could have sold for $20 . . . and I see three of them in there!

That's what I count as well for the adjustables. I'm currently letting them soak in barbicide, and brushing them up a bit. Some of them are kind of worn with the finish.

Excellent score. The blue tip super speed is good to have. The 3 slim adjustables are good razors. Quite a haul. Congrats.

The real oddball looks to be the one with the curvy black handle. I think it's an Enders Speed somethingerather. I think they used proprietary blades.

$20?!??!?!? I am impressed. You are one lucky lucky man. Lots of techs, superspeeds, an auto strop, multiple Gems (micromatic I think, Gem Jr. etc.) nice hall!

I"m thinking of going back to get a few things, but I have some questions first. They had an old brush with a wood handle. Are those impossible to get sterile? They also had an auto strop machine that kind of looked like a bizarre pencil sharpener. Do those really work? Or, could I use the strop that I got in my bag o' goodies, or maybe try both? And lastly for now, I'm seriously contemplating picking up the other straight that they had, even with a nick in the blade, just to mess with, and see what I can do. I love to do stuff like that with my Dremel tool. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom