What's new

soap refills

I am looking for inexpensive containers to put soap refills in. Some thing with a secure lid would be great.

thanks James

Yesterday at Walmart I purchased 2 soapstone incense burner bowls for my soaps. They are very durable, since they are made out ot stone, have heavy lids, look quite nice and most important of all they are the same size and shape as the covered wood bowls that Casswell Massey shave soap comes in. I paid $3 each for them. You can find them in the incense/scented candle section of Walmart.:thumbup1:

Yesterday at Walmart I purchased 2 soapstone incense burner bowls for my soaps. They are very durable, since they are made out ot stone, have heavy lids, look quite nice and most important of all they are the same size and shape as the covered wood bowls that Casswell Massey shave soap comes in. I paid $3 each for them. You can find them in the incense/scented candle section of Walmart.:thumbup1:

This sounds like a score, can you post a photo?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I love my vintage German army butter containers! Those are great. The plastic containers from IKEA/supermarket are always good. Look for a container that can be stacked!

I'll have to check those out...do you have any pics?

I just ordered a half dozen of these:

proxy.php

I bought the two stone bowls at Walmart on 82nd Street in Portland, Oregon. $3 each.:c2:

Those look pretty good , I will have to check those out...I just ordered 3 Kingsley wood bowls from drugstore.com. for $6.50 each...I added a couple aftershaves to the order to put it over $25 and get free shipping, I guess not too bad for wood bowls.

I got my wooden bowl for $10 with a puck of Casswell Massey in it at the drugstore here in Salem. I took the puck out of the bowl and put in back in the cardboard box. I then melted 2 pucks of VDH glycerin and poured them in the wooden bowl. I want to melt some Conk's into one of those soapstone bowls.

I paid $18 for a Col. Conk mug to hold there large pucks. A couple days ago I saw a wide mouth shallow mug for about $7 at Starbucks that would be perfect for soaps. This is if you were looking for something to use soap in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom