What's new

Australian traveling box of goodies Round 3

Do you want to participate

• Yes - with hand-to-hand transfer

• Yes - I will mail the box

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Don't forget to vote as I will only consider those who applied in the poll!

In preparation of Round 3 (as the box is 1 participant away from me), I would like to introduce the new rules and thread that we will use for the trip. Please read all the rules and make sure you are happy with them. The rules changed as the number of participants is growing and the value of the box is also growing.

The new rules are in place to protect our box.

I already had a list of who was interested but would like to have a re-confirmation from those who already said yes in round 3 please. I will leave the subscriptions open for two weeks, so two weeks from now, we should have a list. See voting on top. If some of you would like to do a hand-to-hand transfer, please write your location so I can facilitate the logistics. Otherwise, I will randomly assign you in the list. I will start the box 7 days after I get the box from Round 2 back.

The box is opened to the Australian members only.

Here are the rules and guidelines, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Already existing rules from Round 1 and 2:
  • You are still allowed to take 1 item out and keep it. This could be any item, there are no reserved items for round 3.
  • Make sure that your contribution is worthy for a stranger. Meaning, ask yourself the question, if a stranger would give me this item, would I use it? If your answer is yes, please place the item in the box.
  • The box can be kept for 1 week but try not exceed 2 weeks.
  • The sender is responsible for cleaning the items before sending the box out and the receiver is responsible for sanitizing the items when receiving the box.
  • Keep the items shaving related.
  • If there's a problem, let me know

New rules for Round 3 on top of the existing rules:
  • Same rule than B/S/T applies - Minimum of 50 posts and being a member for 45 days at the closure date of the poll.
  • Try to contribute to the box if you can but make sure we are not overcharging the box (it needs to remain under 3 kg at all times). Also, try not to add things that are already existing in the box.
  • Do not contribute to the box in the hope that your item will remain forever in there. If that's the case, I would recommend adding a different item. The first rule of the existing rules apply regardless of the item.
  • Post your comments/impressions on the products as you try them even if it's just a 1 line. Feedback on the products is always appreciated
  • The box should be sent with a tracking number unless two participants meet and exchange in person. Post the tracking number in the thread. The box is to either be registered or express post, your pick. What we want to avoid is loosing the box so make sure that Australia post won't leave it on your doorstep all day. Send it to work if that's easier.

Enjoy the box!

EDIT

The List

1. Picaro
    [*]TSWebster
    [*]MoabBoy
    [*]ImaWestie
    [*]mdunn
  2. Sydney Guy
  3. theologist
  4. DrBerko
  5. bjh618
  6. lenard
  7. Muscles
  8. Luc

Last edited:
Put me on the list please, I am happy to post or pass, whatever works!

EDIT: My 45 Days is up in 2 days...

Hey Luc. Have you already signed up those on the old list? I was down for 4th person after you received the box back.

Luc

Staff member
Hey Luc. Have you already signed up those on the old list? I was down for 4th person after you received the box back.

No, I will use the list in the poll up there.

I am not using that list as the rules changed and I want to be sure that if you have a chance to see the new rules before saying yes. If you want to be #4 again, that could be arranged :laugh:

Luc

Staff member
So that it's fair, I PM'd the members that told me yes for round 3 already so they know. Everyone meet the 45 days to date (Muscles too as the target date is when the poll close so you will have more than 45 days).

Some do not fill the 50 posts yet. If they can get 50 posts by the closing date of the poll they can be in, not a problem.

No, I will use the list in the poll up there.

I am not using that list as the rules changed and I want to be sure that if you have a chance to see the new rules before saying yes. If you want to be #4 again, that could be arranged :laugh:

Well, consider me re-signed up then!

I didn't want to pushed down the list further, so #4 or above would be good :laugh:. I won't be available 29th Nov - 6th Dec, so it's probably best not to schedule me in for then at least!

Luc

Staff member
Ill be in when I meet the criteria. :thumbup1:

That might be in next round James as you won't have 45 days as a member when the poll close in 2 weeks unfortunately.

I voted post but I am happy to do a handover within the ACT.

I would also like to be near the top of the list, I have some nice stuff set aside for the box.

I hope that you guys have some fun with this box! What a great project- well done on the organizing Luc. :thumbup1:

Luc

Staff member
Don't forget to vote as I will only consider those who applied in the poll!

I voted post but I am happy to do a handover within the ACT.

I would also like to be near the top of the list, I have some nice stuff set aside for the box.

PM answered... I need to see what's in the box first and how heavy it is... But, not a problem to put you on top of the list.

Can I be after this guy? :w00t::lol:

Sure...

I hope that you guys have some fun with this box! What a great project- well done on the organizing Luc. :thumbup1:

Thanks David! Thanks for your contributions also!! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I joined Aug 7... so if it doesn't kick off too soon, count me in.

PS, this site... is seriously awesome.

edit:
Looks like that works out quite nicely... so yeah, I'm in!!

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Going well for now! Don't forget to vote in the poll if you want to participate, opened to Oz only (including Tasmania)...

Top Bottom