Thread: Barcelona, here I come!

Default Barcelona, here I come!

Alright, so, the wife and I are finally going on our Honeymoon to Barcelona in a little over a week.

Anybody know of any good shops/sources for shaving stuff in this area? I'll be taking my Old Type clone and a small tube of C.O. Bigelow, but I'm definitely always on the hunt for new gear.
    "Occam’s razor makes the cutting clean / Shaven like a banker, lilac vegetal"

Pottsylvania, near Whynchatakea Peak and Joisee
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by causalfault View Post
    Alright, so, the wife and I are finally going on our Honeymoon to Barcelona in a little over a week.

Anybody know of any good shops/sources for shaving stuff in this area? I'll be taking my Old Type clone and a small tube of C.O. Bigelow, but I'm definitely always on the hunt for new gear.
    Be sure to pick up some LaToja sticks...they are dirt cheap over there
    Brian
    Let's leave Politics at the door ... and out of B&B !!!!!!

Please Support Badger and Blade Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey LE Brush Buy (#3)
    Member of the B&B 2012 Rudy Vey LE Brush Buy (#3)
    Member of the B&B LE 2011 Edison Glenmont Pen Buy (#1)
    Member of the B&B LE 2012 Edison Herald Grande Pen Buy (#1)
    Member of the B&B ? buy

B&B Old Fogies Club.
    Punkin Fest time.... I'm there !!!

FL shaver is online now I lay awake at night worried there's more cream in the tube I threw out

My family and I are going to the Iberian Peninsula next summer (latest plans anyway!). I can't wait to stock up on La Toja, Real Musgo, O Melhor, 444 AS balm (though I understand you will only find it in Portugal).... Following with interest!
    Last edited by FL shaver; 09-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Default All purpose soap

Be sure to try some La Toja Magno Soap. I have heard some good things about it. Not a shaving soap, but an all purpose body soap.
    The goal is for each person to find what serves them best in the art of shaving.

I lived in Spain for about a year back in 06-07, before I ever thought I'd use a safety razor and a brush, and I really enjoyed the various La Toja products. I recall that lots of parfumerias and large supermarkets carry various shave creams for use with a brush (beyond La Toja and Palmolive I can't recall the specific brands). The Magno soap is amazing, IMO, although people either love or hate the scent. Heno de Pravia is another classic Spanish bath/shower soap that has a nice scent. I used to use the La Toja foam and thought it was a great foam with a great scent.

Right now, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a tube of the La Toja cream for the brush that I ordered from Vintage Scent.

Thumbs up

I wish you and your your wife a wonderful trip and a happy honeymoon

How long did you guys wait before going to this trip?
    Cheers,
    Robert

La Toja and Spanish Floid bring back a case or two and sell them on BS&T.

Images

Forget shaving while you're there, you need to focus on the eating man! Northern Spain has one of the best food cultures in the world, and among the cheapest in Western Europe too.
    Just call me Chris.

Images

I have no recommendations for you, unfortunately, but just want to wish you a great trip, I ahve been to Barcalona twice and absolutley love it there!!! It was such a blast, have fun and definitely focus some time on enjoying the cuisine!
    Sean

If you're going to Barcelona, I have an excellent tip for you:

It is an old store situated at the Barrio Gótico (Gothic Neighbourhood).

Omega brushes, Merkur razors, several brands of shaving software... Floid, L'Occitane, Proraso, Kent, among others.
    They even have a museum featuring old razors!

Take a look to the window dedicated to shaving gear:

In local supermarkets and drugstores you can find several worthy shaving items, like the shaving creams by La Toja (two varieties, sensitive and regular), Palmolive (these European versions are very nice and come in two varieties, Classic and Sensitive) and Nivea (made in Germany by Florena, and very nice). The shaving sticks by LaToja, BEA and LEA are somewhat easy to find at these places.

Myrsol is also a very good classic afteshave lotion, grab it if you can.

Happy honeymoon and happy shopping!
    Last edited by oversaturn; 09-14-2010 at 02:36 PM.

oversaturn, excellent information. We're already planning on doing some wandering in the Barri Gótic, so this will be perfect. Thanks!

BladeRunner001, my wife and I were married at the end of May this year. We put off the honeymoon because the rest of our summer was already fairly busy, and we wanted to wait until nearer the end of the tourist season.

Go West Young Man and King Bongo: don't worry, we're going to be doing plenty of eating. We're both big-time foodies, so that's going to be a good portion of this trip.

Thanks everyone for the info and the well-wishing. We've been looking forward to this trip for a while; it'll be nice to get a bit of a vacation, see the sights, eat the food, and hopefully pick up some new gear!
    "Occam’s razor makes the cutting clean / Shaven like a banker, lilac vegetal"