What's new

What moisturizing AS for winter without menthol or alcohol?

I am preparing to go from nice toasty FLA to super cold and probably snowing Korea this December. So, I need a couple AS suggestions that are warm, spicy, and um... warm. Not really into the holiday type flavors, I hate the smell of peppermint. It can be a splash or balm, as long as it is moisturizing.

What sort of flavors might be for cold weather? Sandalwood? Bay Rum? Vanilla? I dunno, just throwing ideas out there. I have zero experience with anything else but AV, Brut, and OS.

--EDIT-- A little alcohol is okay, I just do not want something that has a huge initial burn.

Last edited:
Without alcohol or menthol you are going to be hard pressed to find anything that is "warm and spicy". My best suggestion is Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic. It has a warm citrus smell, and has no alcohol or menthol. It is also very moisturizing with aloe vera and borage oil. This is my best recommendation based on your criteria, that said this aftershave will not warm up your face. To be honest I think this isn't possible without alcohol.

proxy.php

You know I was only looking at no alcohol as not wanting a heavy initial burn, but I guess the alcohol has the lasting effect. So essentially no alcohol and warm is a no go.

Ogallala Bay Rum is definitely warming and is witch hazel based...I find Nivea Sensitive asb to be moisturizing, has no menthol or alcohol, but is pretty low on scent.

Top Bottom