What's new

Please ID travel brushes

Located these hidden away at my parents...

proxy.php

The one on the left is an old Omega boar (I think).
The knot is still stuck in the handle, but the upper mettalic part separates due to lack of glue from the lower half, revealing the Omega logo.
I'm not sure if this is worth a rebuild...
Anyone know the model or type?

I believe the one in the middle is a butterscotch Wee Scot. I've never heard mention of a butterscotch one before, and just want confirmation and/or approx dating.

The one on the right is a very stiff boars, from C&E with a container case.
Again, I'm looking for any aid in model and year.
This one seemed unused, but the container case has seen better days.

Thanks B&B!!

Last edited:
I don't how much help this will be.
The middle brush is indeed a Wee Scot. You can still make out part of Alexander Simpson's signature. The Wee Scot was the only Simpson's brush ever sold with his signature. I have seen several butterscotch Wee Scots before.
The Crabtree & Evelyn is probably the newest one of the 3. Crabtree & Evelyn did not have retail outlets until 1977, so it couldn't be any older than that. It could have been supplied by Edwin Jagger since they have a history of supplying C&E. The bristles might have originated from Muhle/HJM since they have a history of supplying Jagger.
I've never seen a brush remotely resembling the first one. Omega has supplied knots to others, and has been in business since 1946.

Edit: The Crabtree & Evelyn brush could also come from Vulfix since they also supplied C&E.

Last edited:
Top Bottom