What's new

Klar Seifen Rasierwasser Klassik

Gentlemen,

This morning is my second use of Klar Seifen aftershave splash, and I wanted to take a moment to post on it. First off, I would like to extend my appreciation to Phil of Bullgoose Shaving for making this product available to those of us in the United States.

proxy.php

Ingredients
Alcohol, Aqua, Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginia, Isopropylmyristate, Menthol, Lactic acid, Allatonin, Glycerin, Linalool, Limonen, Benzylbenzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Methyl-Ionone

Packaging
The aftershave comes in a substantive 50ml bottle, which is enclosed in a stiff double box. The graphics are understated and elegant. The bottle has a flow restrictor which makes it very easy to control the amount of product you use.

Price
Given the relative difficulty in getting this product to the US, I understand why it costs as much as it does. That said, I expect this to be a barrier for many gentlemen out there.

Efficacy
I am not an expert on such matters, but it is moisturizing, though nowhere near as much as, say, Musgo Real's aftershave splash. I have yet to try it on the face after a rough shave, so I cannot yet speak to the calming properties. The menthol is cooling, though not overly strong. More experienced gents may be able to infer more from the ingredients list.

Scent
I don't have much to compare it to, but I would place it in the same neighborhood as Tüff Herb. My wife disagrees, saying that Tüff Herb is sweeter and more musky. The scent's longevity is, for me, on par with Tüff Herb, in that it lasts for hours.

Conclusion
On the whole, I am pleased with my purchase. I like the scent well enough to keep using it, though I will likely dial it back some after I have had an opportunity to develop a more experienced opinion on the stuff. My thanks again to Phil for getting the Klar Seifen products to the US market!

thanks for the post -

please, would you reprise your effort in the Reviews forums? This will get buried here pretty soon - but will remain immortal in Reviews!

(and maybe you could review the Tuff Stuff, too????? hahahaha)

Thank you for the review. In defense of Phil at Bull Goose, it is pretty costly in Germany too. The entire Klar Seifen line is wonderful, though. They make everything from regular soap to shaving gear.

Thank you for the review. In defense of Phil at Bull Goose, it is pretty costly in Germany too. The entire Klar Seifen line is wonderful, though. They make everything from regular soap to shaving gear.

I wasn't meaning to paint Phil in a bad light. You can look at the price-points for more "available" products on his site and see that he isn't a gouger.

I've now had an opportunity to evaluate the calming properties of the Kalr Seifen aftershave, after the tenth shave with a Personna 74 that finally "bit back." I can say that it is calming, though not on the order of Speick. There is some alcohol burn, but it is mild compared to many other products. I would also say that the menthol is a bit more pronounced than my first post indicated, though it isn't in any way overpowering.

I'll incorporate all of this into a review after I have had a couple of says to reflect on it.

I've now had an opportunity to evaluate the calming properties of the Kalr Seifen aftershave, after the tenth shave with a Personna 74 that finally "bit back." I can say that it is calming, though not on the order of Speick. There is some alcohol burn, but it is mild compared to many other products. I would also say that the menthol is a bit more pronounced than my first post indicated, though it isn't in any way overpowering.

I'll incorporate all of this into a review after I have had a couple of says to reflect on it.

I look forward to your review. Do you think you could go into a little more detail about the scent, esp. for those of us who don't use Tuff Herb either? Thanks!

I look forward to your review. Do you think you could go into a little more detail about the scent, esp. for those of us who don't use Tuff Herb either? Thanks!

I will see what I can do, but I have a really hard time sorting out exactly what this stuff smells like. I may have to get my wife to lend a...nostril. :blushing:

My review is up. Please accept my apologies for not being more descriptive of the scent, I am hopeful that other fellows with better trained noses can offer some guidance.

Top Bottom