What's new

Easy Razor Polishing Tutorial

Thank you for posting this. I found my GG Granddaddy's razor from the 1870's and went from this to this with the Dremmel and white and gray compound I found at Harbor Frieght, couldn't find the red. I have a few swirls in the blade but I'm still working on it.

$razor1.jpgView attachment 588556View attachment 588557

None of the pictures show up for me which is weird. Gonna try this soon when I get it figured out. I have a few blades that are pretty bad and a couple So so ones that id consider doing. Ill see what happens😂🤷‍♂️

The Dremels that have no speed adjustment or only a 'Fast' and 'Slow' setting, are not ideal for this sort of polishing. They are too fast (even on 'slow') and will heat up the razor, and possibly change the temper of the blade.

You need to get one with a wide speed range.

Anyway, given the range of uses that a Dremel can be put to, it is a good investment to get a slightly more expensive one that allows you to do this sort of work safely.
I have a dremel 8000 and the dremel workstation press set and im almost sure I have the polishing wheels and parts. I just gotta source myself some of the rouges and id be able to give it a whirl im thinking!🤔

This is an awesome guide. I'll have to give it a try once I'm back near my dremel.
Just wondering, do you know what RPM the number 2 setting on your dremel is?

The other thing I wanted to ask was about keeping the wheel running from spine to edge. It's easy on one side, but always tough on the other side of the blade. Do you have any tips for that? I was thinking that maybe running the wheel toe to heel would help avoid this, but I'm not sure if that has any negative consequences (depending on whether or not these compounds leave scratches)
Guess I shouldve asked that too haha. Mine has the dial you can spin To adjust. like yours probably

Legion

Staff member
None of the pictures show up for me which is weird. Gonna try this soon when I get it figured out. I have a few blades that are pretty bad and a couple So so ones that id consider doing. Ill see what happens😂🤷‍♂️
This thread is from 2010, so the images are probably from some long gone image hosting account. Back then we all used things like photobucket, so lots of the older threads just have broken links where the pictures should be.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm not a great fan of using a Dremel for polishing. Even with the best of care, it is easy to get the steel above 200°C while power polishing. Take your time and do it by hand.

This thread is from 2010, so the images are probably from some long gone image hosting account. Back then we all used things like photobucket, so lots of the older threads just have broken links where the pictures should be.
That make sense . I was wondering why some work some dont. Thank you

Top Bottom