What's new

Introducing- The MyCarver Root Beer Barrell!

MyCarver (Mark) was kind enough to make this brush for me based on a combination of a couple vintage brushes I had seen (1 of the shape, another of the color).... 20mm Finest Extra Stuffed At 50 Loft for those who would like to know...anyway this man is an artist,look at those sketches !!! Can't wait for it's arrival !!!:thumbup1:

Attachments

• $3.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 400
Here's a couple pics of the inspirations...which I might add that these photos were all Mark had to work with !

Last edited:
Wow thats awesome. You must feel like a little kid at X-mas waiting for your new toy! lol Nothing like a custom tool made to your specs. Great work Mycarver(Mark). I love it!

Hehe. I saw this yesterday. ;)

Mark's a swell guy. Invited me to see his shaving/carving shop. The man really knows his way around a buffing wheel (and lathe, and carving tools naturally). He indicated to me that he was just now getting into straight restoration, and he showed me some techniques I probably would have gone years without ever thinking of. He's got a lot of projects going on, it was hard to keep up with him as he went from one area to another. Talking about soap one minute, polishing straights the next, mixing resins and dyes the next, then exotic woods, then abalone, then shave bowls, and so on. I'm half his age and I couldn't juggle all that he does, not even considering that he has to support himself with non-shaving work. Speaking of which, I got to see a couple of his larger (non-shaving related) works. Very impressive. Even his work in clay (which I understood to be a layout that he uses to work off of when he does his carvings) was something else, seeing it decorating his shop.

Oh, and if he ever invites you to see his shop, do not use google maps to find it. Fair warning.

Wow! beautiful brush, I had considered having Mark make that exact brush...inspired by that Kent as well. He made my Victorian beehive, and it is absoulutely fantastic. He's an artist, and a gentleman too.

Let us know how it performs, congrats :thumbup:

There seems to be a lot of folks considering having a brush made with that Kent brush! Myself included!

I knew the two you were talking about the instant I saw the brush! Didn't even need the pictures. :lol: This will just fuel my desire for a barrel brush here in the future. Enjoy it in good health scott! :thumbup:

Top Bottom