What's new

That's it....no more AV Ice Balm in Canada :-(

Ice Balm was still available here in Montreal a few months ago.

But I can`t seem to find it anymore :mad3:

It's a good thing I have 4 bottles left at home

And no, they are not for sale :lol:

Ice Balm was still available here in Montreal a few months ago.

But I can`t seem to find it anymore :mad3:

It's a good thing I have 4 bottles left at home

And no, they are not for sale :lol:

It hasn't been around most of my local places that sell Aqua Velva for a while. I saw 3 bottles at a Dollarama for $1.00 each last week and grabbed them.

funny you say that, the other day I saw AV ice balm branded as New at Safeway here in Edmonton. Never seen it before. I'm not a fan of AV so I didn't grab any.

The scent is nothing like the original AV at all. It's more like a fresh, modern aquatic with a mossy note. It doesn't last that long anyway. It's also a non-alcoholic balm, not a splash, and pretty good.

funny you say that, the other day I saw AV ice balm branded as New at Safeway here in Edmonton. Never seen it before. I'm not a fan of AV so I didn't grab any.

"New" ? Is it possible they are just re-packaging it ?

Edit: I just checked the boxes I have at home; they say "new" on the top

It hasn't been around most of my local places that sell Aqua Velva for a while. I saw 3 bottles at a Dollarama for $1.00 each last week and grabbed them.

The scent is nothing like the original AV at all. It's more like a fresh, modern aquatic with a mossy note. It doesn't last that long anyway. It's also a non-alcoholic balm, not a splash, and pretty good.

I will have to check out the Dollaramas; thanks

And yes, your description of the scent is quite accurate.

Last edited:
yeah, it was in a flashy shiny aluminum/cardboard box if memory serves, kind of all flaired up to catch your eye. I sometimes wander down the shaving aisles when I'm bored on the off chance something new comes along. (never happens except this one time)

said "NEW" in big letters, if I'm in safeway in the next day or so I'll have to remember to snap a pic.

yeah, it was in a flashy shiny aluminum/cardboard box if memory serves, kind of all flaired up to catch your eye. I sometimes wander down the shaving aisles when I'm bored on the off chance something new comes along. (never happens except this one time)

said "NEW" in big letters, if I'm in safeway in the next day or so I'll have to remember to snap a pic.

I've been meaning to try this stuff out for a while...that and the AV aftershave Gel and AV Ice Sport AS Gel. Are they good performers?

You guys can still get Original Sport there though can't you? Rejoice in that, lol. By the way how does that stuff smell?

I got some at Dollarama too, I wasn't particuarlily fond of it the first time I used it but am going to try it again.

as promised, picture isn't the greatest, but the packaging shows. I don't know if this is new or old packaging, but there you have it. they had about 8 boxes of the stuff and it was newly stocked in the last few weeks, this was a different safeway than the one I originally saw it in.

as promised, picture isn't the greatest, but the packaging shows. I don't know if this is new or old packaging, but there you have it. they had about 8 boxes of the stuff and it was newly stocked in the last few weeks, this was a different safeway than the one I originally saw it in.

Thanks a lot man :thumbup1:

The boxes I picked up a few months ago do have "New" mentioned on the top

But unlike the one in your pic, it's only in English - no "Nouveau", which is weird since I live in Montreal

I've checked 2 Dollar stores

No AV Ice balm

Do I have to go to Dollarama, or any dollar store?

the only shaving stuff Dollarama's here carry are some really bad smelling aftershave splashes called Synergy and some canned goop.
I've never seen aqua velva here at Dollarama, but if they did carry the ice balm, that would make the asking price @ safeway really overpriced.

I've checked 2 Dollar stores

No AV Ice balm

Do I have to go to Dollarama, or any dollar store?

Dollarama was where I found it. I've checked both stores in my area and they haven't had it back in stock since I bought the last ones. It may have been a close-out of stock that Dollarama bought or it could show up again. It's hard to tell with Dollarama what name brand merchandise will be stocked. Only their generic house brand stuff is a sure thing. The staff has no idea what the next stocking shipment will bring.
The ones I bought had "New!"Nouveau!" on the box.

I've never used it, but knowing that its on the endangered list, I'll keep and eye out and snag a bottle if I see one and give it a try.

the only shaving stuff Dollarama's here carry are some really bad smelling aftershave splashes called Synergy and some canned goop.
I've never seen aqua velva here at Dollarama, but if they did carry the ice balm, that would make the asking price @ safeway really overpriced.
ep, it's all I see there

Dollarama was where I found it. I've checked both stores in my area and they haven't had it back in stock since I bought the last ones. It may have been a close-out of stock that Dollarama bought or it could show up again. It's hard to tell with Dollarama what name brand merchandise will be stocked. Only their generic house brand stuff is a sure thing. The staff has no idea what the next stocking shipment will bring.
The ones I bought had "New!"Nouveau!" on the box.

I have to check more original dollaramas

I've never used it, but knowing that its on the endangered list, I'll keep and eye out and snag a bottle if I see one and give it a try.

Hoard now

Top Bottom