What's new

The Muhle R101 is available!

A big fan of the Muhle razors myself, last months I have been keeping an eye on their site as the new R101 was announced.

It is an open comb model:
proxy.php

From the looks of it, I think it is a R106 handle with a R41 head.

I just had to have one, so I took the plunge.
Also ordered the 89 with a steel handle to complete the quartet (those AD's are quite something).

:thumbup1:

Looks really good. As OC's always do...

Wim you have the R106 for some time now? How does the black handle hold out after some usage? Does it turn ugly fast or is it hard enough to resist (too many) scratches?

My concern is that, while it looks great when new, after a couple of years in use it is going to look cheap and worn.

Looks really good. As OC's always do...

Wim you have the R106 for some time now? How does the black handle hold out after some usage? Does it turn ugly fast or is it hard enough to resist (too many) scratches?

My concern is that, while it looks great when new, after a couple of years in use it is going to look cheap and worn.

The R106 is in my experience a masterpiece in terms of quality.

No tear, no wear.
It is one and a half year old now (it was the first razor I bought) and it still is absolutely spotless.

There's no scratches whatsoever, and yes - it has been dropped in the sink and on the shower floor.

And the black resin (I think it is resin) handle is still deep black, no ugly fading or dullness.

But, a picture says more than words - so here it is straight from the shower room:

Top Bottom