What's new

Speick cologne vs speick ASL

Can anybody compare speick cologne to the aftershave? I have the aftershave and really like the scent. I'm considering picking up the cologne, but would like some feedback first.

Can anybody compare speick cologne to the aftershave? I have the aftershave and really like the scent. I'm considering picking up the cologne, but would like some feedback first.

darn, I want to know the opposite thing, I have the cologne and not the aftershave. I can tell you that the cologne (I have the spray) lasts a long time. I can still smell it on my wrists well into the afternoon.

How long does the aftershave last?

-jim

I'm not sure, I've only used it once or twice... I've been comparing different soaps, and I like to stick with the same splash when I do that. I just applied some, so I'll LYK.

Haven't tried the cologne yet but I love the aftershave splash/lotion. The scent is amazing but only last about 10 minutes on me. It's 10 minutes of heaven though and the after effects of this healing splash are worth the price of admission any day :thumbup1:

Sounds like you two (gearchow and Iakona) should do a decant swap.

The EDT has more citrus in it then the ASl. I think the shave soap has the best smell followed by the balm.
So as far as scent goes: SS>>>Balm>Splash>EDT for me at least.

The EDT has more citrus in it then the ASl. I think the shave soap has the best smell followed by the balm.
So as far as scent goes: SS>>>Balm>Splash>EDT for me at least.

I really wonder now if I got an old stick of the shaving soap when I tried it last year. The smell of my speick stick was very mute and very subtle, slightly soapy smelling but nothing distinct. If the soap even smelled 10% similar to the cream or the ASL it would be my favorite soap of all time :w00t:

Simply put, if you like one you'll like the other.

The Cologne is more a citrus, but a warm, crisp one as opposed to sharp one, and has a strong scent of bergamot and light orange. Think Earl grey tea. Not a stayer though. I get a few hours tops, and the reviews show similar experience.

It's light enough to pile on though, and this helps a bit.

The AS is more a herbal/citrus mix.

Neither are really close to the soap or cream, both of which have medicinal quality to them. But obviously all are complimentary. I use the AS + col regularly.

The Cologne is more a citrus, but a warm, crisp one as opposed to sharp one, and has a strong scent of bergamot and light orange. Think Earl grey tea.

Oooooooooooooh...and now I'm intrigued! I've been after something that smells like Truefitt and Hill's pre-shave oil, and it sounds like this could be similar. I have used the soap and liked it, but this sounds different (and, to me at least, nicer). I live in Germany...Speick soap is everywhere, cologne shops are everywhere, but I am yet to see the Speick cologne anywhere. I guess I'll have to look a little more closely now.

Thanks,

GS

Top Bottom