What's new

Curious stamp on English Old Type

Got this Old Type, case says Made In England, has BR.PAT No.28763.02, SN E116149 stamped on the interior base plate. A previous owner apparently scrapped or used a steel wire brush on it :)thumbdown). What I find curious is the star (*) that has been stamped on the guard.

Anybody have an idea of what that may mean? Is it an Brit version of a repair stamp maybe?

View attachment 121725

View attachment 121726

-jim

Last edited:
Grrrr. I know someone else posted something about this, but I am really not looking forward to searching for it, on account of a brand of razor called 'Star', and that some were also made in England. :001_rolle

Grrrr. I know someone else posted something about this, but I am really not looking forward to searching for it, on account of a brand of razor called 'Star', and that some were also made in England. :001_rolle

Yep. I know I failed.

-jim

Try using this trick. Google B&B Search There is no 15 second time out or three letter/common word filter, and it's a lot easier to find something, especially if you remember the thread pretty well and can add stuff into the search you KNOW is in the conversation.

Top Bottom