What's new

Rooney Heritage 2-band: Love or Hate?

I'm wondering what's the general consensus on Rooney's Heritage brushes, specifically the 2-band ones. What are your thoughts?

I dont have one, but I have never heard they described as anything less than "face lathering machines" I dont think that is for every one, but the sentiment has came up on the 4 or 5 occasions that I have read about them.

Do differently do the 2 and 3 band Heritage preform? Are they the same as say Simpsons where the 3 band will be softer and bloom more, where the 2 band will have more backbone and be slightly more skritchy?

If the dimensions are to your liking every brush in the Rooney Heritage line is an excellent brush.

R

I love the two band Heritages. I have a small Beehive in two band and it is a fantastic brush. When dry, the ends feel prickly, but when wet, they are wonderfully soft and scrubby. With the two band, it has excellent backbone. I don't have the same brush or knot in three band, but have the Victorian with a 24 mm knot. Again, the backbone is excellent, but the tips are silky soft, wet or dry. It is an extremely dense knot, and a bit of a lather hog.

I have the Rooney Beehive 1 in two-band and it is a great brush. I do think the 3-band tips are a bit softer but the two-band tips are plenty soft. Either 3-band or 2-band Rooney brushes would be a good choice.

I prefer my Heritage Stubby in Super to my 3/1 Finest and Heritage Stubby Finest. Weird, I know but I just love the thicker, slightly softer knot even though the tips can be considered rougher than the two Finest brushes.

I ask because I've been drooling over the Heritage Stubby's over at vintageblades. They're out of the Stubby 1's, but I'm thinking about a Stubby 2 now. Guess I'm here looking for encouragement.:laugh:

I'm wondering what's the general consensus on Rooney's Heritage brushes, specifically the 2-band ones. What are your thoughts?

If you would care to send me one, I will gladly try it out for a couple of weeks :001_cool:

I have not yet had the pleasure, but I am sure that they are fantastic brushes.

I have had an Emillion and a Stubby 2 in Heritage 2-band, and unfortunately neither one really impressed me. I found them to be to be not very dense, not as much backbone as I like, and with relatively scritchy tips. I would prefer Simpsons Best, Simpsons Super, Simpsons Two-band, Shavemac Finest, Shavemac D01 or Shavemac 2-band D01 over any of the new Heritage brushes.

I had an Alibaba from the Rooney Heritage range and it was really nice. Very dense, yet soft. Took a little getting used to, but after a few shaves I was hooked. Unfortunately, both the brush I got and its replacement were defective - chronic shedders - so I sent them back and didn't go for a third... got a Simpson CH1 in 2 band. But I digress...

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. I doubt it'll be long before I conjure up the recklessness to buy one of these. Thinking about a Stubby 2...

Top Bottom