What's new

Another Newbie

I shaved with a DE for the first time this morning.

After weeks of research and a couple of on-line orders I took the plunge into wet shaving. Started with a nice hot shower, lathered with Taylor's Lemon & Lime Shaving Cream and a badger brush, and grabbed my new Merkur HD Classic with a Platinum Blade.

My first experience went O.K. Made a total of two passes, lathering in-between (N to S, Then S to N). First pass I had no problems, Second pass I had a couple of nicks and some burn (old bad habits).

:thumbup1: After some after-shave I finished with a shave equal to my old MACH 3.

With a little practice I should be good to go!

I wish to thank all the members for the great information I have found on B&B.

Chris

Hi Chris. Welcome to B&B. It sounds like you are on your way to a great shave. If you have any questions, please don't be shy.

BTW, are you a chef by trade? If so, what is your specialty?

Chris:

Welcome and congratulations on your initial shave. They will only get better as time passes and your technique improves. Tomorrow, you might try a pass across the grain between your N-S (with the grain) and S-N (against the grain) passes. This will help with hair reduction before the S-N passes which is toughest on your skin. Best of luck and keep us informed.

Glad you found B&B. Isn't that Taylors Lemon & Lime nice?

It will take your face some time to adapt. Stick with it and you'll soon be in shaving Nirvana. Feel free to ask questions!

My motto is Better Living Through Lather! and it appears that you are well on your way to enjoying it!

Chris,

Welcome to B&B. Can't go wrong with Taylor cream, it's superb. Keep up the good work, once you figure out your technique, you'll never look back..

:shaving:

Justso

Scotto said:
Glad you found B&B. Isn't that Taylors Lemon & Lime nice?

It will take your face some time to adapt. Stick with it and you'll soon be in shaving Nirvana. Feel free to ask questions!
The Taylors cream is great, I can't believe that I have shaved with the stuff in a can for so long! Great fresh scent that lasts.

Austin said:
Hi Chris. Welcome to B&B. It sounds like you are on your way to a great shave. If you have any questions, please don't be shy.

BTW, are you a chef by trade? If so, what is your specialty?
I studied Classic French Cuisine in culinary school and graduated. Then I continued my education studying hotel and restaurant management, which is my current career.

Just a quick note about my second day of wet shaving.

I added an extra pass (across the grain), but kept the rest of my routine the same.

Things went better this time, a couple of small nicks but a lot less burn.:thumbup1:

Thanks again for all the support!

Chris

Top Bottom