What's new

Black Feather blades? in local Japanese store

I made my monthly trip to the Japanese store to stock up on candy for my kids and I saw something that caught my eye. It looks like they sell Feather blades but they are in a black container rather than the yellow container I normally see.

I do vaguely recall that these are actually produced to sale internally in Japan and the yellow boxes are for export. Are there any differences in the blades?

I'll post a picture:
proxy.php

Notice the ridiculous price tag. Even so, $8 for 10 blades is cheaper than $12 for 10 merkurs at AOS.

Here is a bonus image. I've seen a lot of the Kai shavette style razors listed in BST lately. Here is a 4 blade and 5 blade razor that looks like it is made by Kai.

proxy.php

To the best of my knowledge the black Feathers are not platinum coated, they are just stainless steel. There are a couple vendors on the vendor forum that sell them for much much less than $8 for 10 (NGT guy etc).

I have heard that the black ones are the same as the yellows, but have no way of confirming this. I have been shaving with a black pack for a little while and they're great, but the packaging for mine is a little different than the pic.

My Feather Portable included one blade placed under the black cardboard label. I can't tell the difference between it and my yellow-pack Feathers, which isn't conclusive, but I'd put good money on the blades being identical.

Well, at least I know a place where I can get some emergency blades in case of the shavepocalypse. I'm sure no one would guess that the japanese grocery store carries feather blades.

Top Bottom