What's new

Bar Soap Opinions

I just bought 20 more bars of the Caswell Massey Almond Cold Cream soap this weekend. I should be clean for a little while. I am wondering if it is good for shaving.:001_huh:

Most comercially made bars will say 'Beauty Bar', Moisture Bar. Cleansing Bar or something similar. These are not true SOAP. If it doesn't specifically say "Soap" it is detergent.
Sue

I like that Dove bars have 25% moisturising but hate the fact they are not real soap but for some strange reason it is the only soap that wont dry my skin out.

I have tried many artisan body soaps and commercial bars and recently tried Nubian Heritage soaps which smell fantastic and are supposed to be packed full of oils and butters but Dove just seems to be the one for me.

+1 on Dr. Bronner's. Get the peppermint soap. It leaves you feel refreshed and awake for sure. Also, trader joe's carries a green tea soap made by Bisous Provence that smells amazing and is cheap. Just look in there shampoo/toiletry area!!

Dr. Bronner's - the peppermint is fantastic in the summer months
Whole Foods - I love their vetiver/cedar bar in the winter
Mistral Pour Homme - pricey, but the Sandalwood/Bamboo is intoxicating
Nancy Boy - impossible to go wrong with the signature scent
Trader Joe's - their big triple-milled bars are very inexpensive and perform well

Daynà Soap

Indian Ayurvedic Hair&Body Transparent Soap

A pure Ayurvedic recipe
Prevents skin and scalp irritations and infections
Nourishes and protects
Cleans the skin and hair without altering their nature

Composition :

Based on Coconut, Castor and Palm oil, this detergent-free soap, lightly perfumed, is adapted to clean skin and hair.
Combined with Neem bark (antiseptic and disinfectant virtues), its unique composition is adapted to everyday-use.

http://dayna.fr/web/english/home.html

+1 on Dr Bronners and +1 to Kirks Castile Soap! Actually I can say for the best price performance, the Kirks Castile bar soap performs just as well as Dr Bronners for 1/4 the price. I like the the Bronners Liquid *peppermint, Almond and Tea Tree* but the Bar soap Eucalyptus is good but at $ 4 for a bar, I can get the Kirks Castile for $ 3 for 3 bars...

HTH,
Charlie

Top Bottom