What's new

A product for you guys who suffer from razor burn.

There is a product manufactured by Eucerin, called "Aquaphor" which my dermatologist recommended I use to treat a mole that was removed. In any event, the bottle said that it's clinically proven to heal dry, cracked and irritated skin. I figured that I would put it on before I go to sleep and see if the razor burn I suffered during the morning shave would be minimized. This stuff almost completely healed my roughed up face. Now I know it's best to get to the root of the problem and improve the shaving technique and prep but this stuff is amazing. It's too thick to be put to the jaw area and it would probably clog those delicate pores. I use it on my neck area where I sometimes suffer some burn. It's really a good product and I am sure some of you may benefit. The interesting thing is that it only occurred to me a day or two ago to try this on my face. I had it sitting around but I didn't realize how much more powerful this is than the aftershave balms. By the way I have nothing to gain from this at all, I certainly don't own Eucerin.:001_smile

Aquaphor is only a step down from Vaseline.

I don't know much about it except that I put it on my neck before I go to sleep and wake up with the irritation gone. I know prior to using this, a bad shave would leave my skin irritated for like 3 days. This stuff gets rid of that overnight. I only use it on my neck as it's way to thick to put on the face.

This is what our pediatrician recommended for our sons diaper rash when he was a baby. It seemed to work well and must be pretty gentle.

Could give new meaning to BBS:laugh:

This stuff works great. I get a feather RG a few weeks ago and didn't try it until yesterday. I had a nightmare shave with that thing. 3 cuts, including 1 very bad one on my lip. That was in addition to a very irritated face with lots of razor burn. In put this stuff on my next and jawline where there was tons of irritation. It has basically eliminated any trace of irritation in 1 day. I used Neosporin on the actuall cuts and they are doing better as well.

I am not going to be using this feather much. The blades aren't cheap and it's not really practical for daily shaving. Back to the DE for that.

It's a little thick. I use it for skin rashes on my toddlers. ... and diaper rashes. If there is very dry skin this is probably a miracle.

This is a timely thread. Destroyed my neck a few days ago and nothing helped. So I tried Aquaphor and it helped a lot. Neck was much better the next day. Been using it for years but never with shaving. Interesting thread.

Whenever I was working in a plastic surgeons office, we would do laser face peels. It would pretty much give people the worst sunburn they've ever head in their life all over their face. Aquaphor is what we gave them to use post-op.

Top Bottom