What's new

Difference GEM 1912 & GEM 1912 Junior?

What's the difference is between the GEM 1912, and the GEM 1912 Junior? I just snagged this little number on ebay for $12 including shipping...hoping I got a good one...

proxy.php

GEM Junior Safety Razor Dated 1912

Neither of the above, I think. To the best of my knowledge, the difference is in the angle of the head, and in the configuration of the combs. Both the 1912 and the 1912 Junior came with a variety of handles. I have seen both with the signature ornate handle.

That is the conclusion that I have come to . . .

I tried a 1912 with the big plastic handle . . . felt funny in my hand, but shaved just the same as my Junior with the slender ornate handle.

I wonder how many different combinations GEM did offer over the years?

What are you talking about? I was helping him with a question as reference. Thats not even my account. Try paying attention before saying a word. Look at my location and the location of that ad. Mine is J90723 in case you want to purchase something.:tongue_sm
It is against forum rules to post links to live auctions . . . even (or especially) your own!

I sold you mine, right? Yeah, it was an ornate handle junior. How's the shave?

Got the Bullseye Micromatic from you...haven't tried it yet...want to use the 1912 from the top photo a few times before I switch to the Micromatic...

What are you talking about? I was helping him with a question as reference. Thats not even my account. Try paying attention before saying a word. Look at my location and the location of that ad. Mine is J90723 in case you want to purchase something.:tongue_sm

The issue is that posting links to any eBay auctions isn't allowed on B+B.

My apologies regarding the reference to "your own" auction. I saw your post indicating that you had one to sell . . .

RGraphics: said:
Its a short bike grip looking thing. I have one I want to get rid of.

That statement was immediately followed by a link to a live auction, which is still not allowed by forum rules.

For those that hijacked the thread to squabble about an auction listing...:001_tt2:

For those that gave me enough information to figure out the difference...:thumbup1:

In either case, thanks...:lol1:

i didnt say that, i said the heads are the same and it has different handles. i have a razor compedium that list dozens and dozens of gems that most of our members never even heard of, i know the variations of the heads and handles..its all good.:thumbup1:

Do you mean Robert Waits' work?

When looking for these razors, what price range should they be in?
Thanks in advance.

Mine was pretty much mint condition and cost me 99p. If they come with the original case and are in mint condition, they seem to sell for up to £5, but you can get them for much less if you are patient.

Top Bottom