What's new

My first DE Choice

Bought my first DE a murkur 39c slant. I need a close shave, that my M3 turbo or recently purchased Schick hydro 5 blade cant provide. The M3 worked good when I was a teenager and shaved very close, but now my beard has gotten thicker and more course. I'm also starting to have bumps in my late 20's, something I never had as a teenager. I have shaved with my grandfathers strait edge a few times in the past with no problems, so I'm not worried about aggressiveness, I just want a good smooth non irritating shave, and would rather change blades with a safety de razor than maintenance a straight razor like my grandfather did.

I Hope this was a good choice.
Any recommendations for blades? I ordered a ten pack of feathers to try.

Should get it by next week from amazon, I'll post my results and review.

Feathers are really sharp and a great blade but you have to get the angle down or you'll pay for it with razor burn and weepers. Get a blade sampler from BullGoose or West Coast Shaving to see which ones work best for you.

Dennis

i think that the feathers and slant is too aggressive for newbie..

Well I guess I will find out. The hair is coming off one way or another, with or without skin LOL.

I have a light steady hand and learn quick, especially if learning involves blood. :w00t:

Had no problems with my grandfather's strait, I just watched his technique, copied it and made my own small adjustments to fit my face. Aggressive is what I want ( I think) :glare:, my beard has gotten tough. I'm tired of pulling and several passes needed with my cartridge razors.:001_cool:

Feathers are really sharp and a great blade but you have to get the angle down or you'll pay for it with razor burn and weepers. Get a blade sampler from BullGoose or West Coast Shaving to see which ones work best for you.

Dennis

I just ordered a sample pack from bullgoose. Thanks for the advice.

Got the slant today and tried it with a feather blade. Face was mostly finished in 2 passes. I have a trouble area on my chin. It feels almost bbs, but I still see hair on the chin even though it is very close. Had to go x3 on the chin. No nicks. This razor is made to seem way to intimidating by some, but it is not. It's not going to rip your face off if you hold a wrong angle LOL. My first shave with a de was a plesent experience. No pressure was used, and a got a smooth shave. Im Going to try it with some more blades.

Top Bottom