What's new

Wee Scot brush stand...what do you use?

With such a small knot it dries very fast just hand drying it on a towel as best as possible and then just leave it standing upright somewhere open so the air can get to it.

The only brush stand I've found that works somewhat is my Vie-long brush stand, and then you have to balance it just right inbetween the two tabs that help to keep the brush in place.

Brush stand? Its tail end.

Really, I agree with the above. It is dense and stiff but dries quickly due to its size, and at home I don't do more than shake it out thoroughly and stand it on its base. If going into the plastic travel tube, I do dry it on a towel, otherwise not.

[Drat, thought I had a picture ready but nope.] Anyway, it fits nicely in a snap-top poly tube from Container Store, and I used a pliers-type leather punch to pop a symmetrical arrangement of holes in the lid, plus a series on the sides right at the level of the base of the knot. That gives it the best chance of drying en-route when I don't have time for setting it out.

Wee Scot is a lovely little bugger.

Bit of a side trip, but anyway...

I use stands, but mainly so I don't have to set the base of the brush on a sometimes-wet counter, and maybe (not really convinced) to let the hairs dry at a less bloomy angle. I don't think gravity adds anything to drying. I did a rough estimation of the forces on water in the brush from shaking dry vs gravity drainage, and found the former to be over 4 times greater (conservatively). I'd assume that capillary forces holding onto the remaining water vastly exceed gravity after the brush is shaken. Just can't make any real difference apart from the shape of the dried hairs (maybe???) and convenience.

- Bill

Last edited:
As others have said- the WS is a small brush and dries very quickly simply sitting on the counter top. Of course if you want a stand for display or for other reasons...... good luck.

+1. This is exactly the approach that works for me.

How do you think this brush would stand daily use? I know I like to face lather have small to medium sized hands (so the size of the brush/handle isn't a big deal) and am looking for a brush that I could use daily. I would think that a smaller brush like this would actually work best, given that such a small knot would be able to dry out easily in 24 hours. What are you thoughts?

That's exactly what I'm saying ! I would like to know, given that I'm looking for a daily brush that's able to dry out every 24 hr If this would be a good call. And if you say no, give another sugestion!

Top Bottom