What's new

What is the mildest razor?

Hi there!

I'm looking for a new razor, and I want it to be as mild as possible, seeing as I have some troubles getting that angle right... Looks like i'm shaving to close consistantly! Too low angle I believe...

And this leads to razor bumps...

And my beard is thick, and grows ultrafast! Had to shave twice a day when I was in the military! :O
So maybe, what I would like to try, is a razor which is mild, and has an open comb.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

I have a merkur 38C as of now, and I believe it is a "3" on merkur agresiveness scale.

EDIT: An mild adjustable could be a good idea aswell :)

The Gillette Tech is the mildest shaver I've ever used, but you're not going to find an OC or adjustable one. They are plentiful and cheap, however.

So.... Isn't it possible to find a mild razor with an open comb? :/

I am so eager to get my hands on a new razor!!

You could try the Merkur 15C/25C or the Mühle R41. They all use the same OC head and though it is not as mild as a Tech they are all fairly non-aggressive.

I prefer the Mühle for its fit & finish but they all shave well.

....the Merkur 15C/25C or the Mühle R41. They all use the same OC head ...

Ok just a second here, are you serious? I recently purchased a 15C and was eyeballing the R41 for sometime down the road. So, it's exactly the same head? Pictures show they look very similar, but how much can you tell by pictures.

The Gillette Tech is the mildest shaver I've ever used, but you're not going to find an OC or adjustable one. They are plentiful and cheap, however.

:thumbup:

I own about 7 or 8 fat handle Techs and it's definitely my favorite, mainly because it's easy on my face. I have a fatboy, superspeed, merkur 33c & a feather, but the Tech is hands down the only one that doesn't consistently shred my face

You might like a Merkur 1904, it's a gentle open comb that gives me good shaves
even with a Feather it's not too aggressive.

Thank for all the input guys ^^

I got a merkur 11c coming, and a futur. Maybe even a goodfella black top head razor.

Maybe in a couple of months you can find one or two of them on the B/S/T!

And then I'll go buy a tech and a 1904 ^^

This addiction, so much money! :/ But thanks to B&B I'll get what I want for half the price :)

Ok just a second here, are you serious? I recently purchased a 15C and was eyeballing the R41 for sometime down the road. So, it's exactly the same head? Pictures show they look very similar, but how much can you tell by pictures.

Yes Mühle buys Merkur open comb heads but seems to do the finshing and plating themselves or elsewhere. So no differences in design but unlike my Merkurs the Mühle has a perfect blade alignment, even blade gap and an even impeccable plating. Overhere they also have about the same price-tag...

Thank for all the input guys ^^

I got a merkur 11c coming, and a futur. Maybe even a goodfella black top head razor.

Maybe in a couple of months you can find one or two of them on the B/S/T!

And then I'll go buy a tech and a 1904 ^^

This addiction, so much money! :/ But thanks to B&B I'll get what I want for half the price :)

My old bugaboo is too much pressure. If your new, milder razors continue to irritate, don't press as hard against the face.

This is a worthless answer, but since you asked for the mildest razor - it's the Circlette.
It's so mild that you will never get a close shave with it. It's a ladies razor that bends the blade inside of the comb guard, making it impossible to give yourself razor burn - though you could scratch yourself with the combs trying to get a close shave.
proxy.php
[/IMG]

wow, haha!

Well, I'm looking forward to try the futur. Then I can see if it's a pressure thing when i dial it down to 1, or if I actually needed a more aggressive razor, by dialing up a couple of notches.

I'm also looking into the bakelite :)

Top Bottom