What's new

A New Beginning!

Last week I needed to borrow a set of nice clothes from my dad for a couple college research interviews. I had some khakis but grabbed a tie, shirt and dress shoes from him. I had some plain stuff but haven't dressed up like this in a while and my stuff didn't fit. After I wore everything can I just say WOW - I've never had so much more respect for myself. I guess it was because I was genuinely trying to impress interviewer because I've dressed up fancier for weddings without much thought. A DE shave a few minutes before may have also contributed to the moment.

I'd really like to begin putting more thought into my wardrobe and getting rid of my tacky graphic tees :lol:
Anyway I wanted to commemorate my change today with a dress belt I found at Nordstrom rack made by English Laundry. May this be one of many more classier purchases! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Strong work!

I think too many people under dress. I believe in just what you said, when you look good, you feel good. I wear a suit to work every day, and have for years. I like it and feel weird without it.

I've been contemplating a change for a while. I work in a place where Khakis or Jeans with Polos is the uniform of the day. It doesn't help that every year you get $60 worth of Land's End shirts that have the company logo embroidered on them, and I always order Polos.

I could never get away with wearing a suit everyday, not even the President or VPs wear them (they don't even wear ties), but I think I'd like to branch out and get some grey pants, maybe some black ones, and some dress shirts. I don't think I could ever wear navy pants after being forced to wear them throughout grade school.

Your story gives me inspiration! Time to head to the new Von Maur when it opens on the 18th!

Last edited:
Last week I needed to borrow a set of nice clothes from my dad for a couple college research interviews. I had some khakis but grabbed a tie, shirt and dress shoes from him. I had some plain stuff but haven't dressed up like this in a while and my stuff didn't fit. After I wore everything can I just say WOW - I've never had so much more respect for myself. I guess it was because I was genuinely trying to impress interviewer because I've dressed up fancier for weddings without much thought. A DE shave a few minutes before may have also contributed to the moment.

I'd really like to begin putting more thought into my wardrobe and getting rid of my tacky graphic tees :lol:
Anyway I wanted to commemorate my change today with a dress belt I found at Nordstrom rack made by English Laundry. May this be one of many more classier purchases! :thumbup:

Sounds like you are ready for this: http://artofmanliness.com/2010/04/16/how-to-build-a-manly-wardrobe-1/

I am ecstatic for you!

I am partial to the "three piece," as it were. However more often than not I will leave the jacket at home. There is a certain, je ne sais quoi, shall we say, about the waistcoat look that has always captivated me.

Good luck with your endeavors in reinvention!

Top Bottom