What's new

Your favorite STRAIGHT?

North Carolina :lol:

edit: Because you said "st8" and not "str8"... guess it's not that funny...

Right now, my favorite is my KAI Captain. I'm trying to find something that mows down whiskers with similar ease.

Last edited:
Texas, of course!
Ok, ok just kidding. Couldn't resist :lol:

I'd say my 6/8 full hollow Henckels Zwillingswerk. Amazing shaves off of that blade

My kropp and gliden, the kropp was the first razor i bought, and the gliden was the first i stropped, both cut through the hairs with ease, i have tried quite a few now, either bought from here, or by myself, but i have sold a few as i like restoring them, but no plans to have 30 odd razors about the house, though i have in my waiting list a few that i will most likely keep.

I sell quite a few straight razors, and so try out quite a few straight razors. Well, I used to try out many straights. About six months ago, I sold a W.S. Brown / Pittsburg, PA // Special straight razor. The guy returned it after one shave because it was not his cup of tea. I resterilized it, and tried a shave.

Since that time, many of my W&Bs and Wostenholms and Bokers have slowly disappeared down the "Sold" Sawdust Trail! Night after night, with few exceptions, it is my W.S. Brown served with Mitchell's Wool Fat garnish.

I read somewhere that the W.S. Brown is German. In all likelihood, it is just one more of the many locally labeled razors with an ancestry going back to, who knows, the same manufacturer as some of the more famous German makes.

Give me my W.S. Brown or give me death!

Here I thought I'd be the first one to make the joke... I wasn't even the first to say Texas!

My favorite razor is one spelled "straight" to avoid these little foul-ups. My favorite maker is Wostenholm, and my favorite razor is my World Master.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Whatever razor I'm using at the time, otherwise it wouldn't be in the rotation. I've had as much fun and as pleasurable a shave with a $15 unknown as with a much prettier and more expensive blade.

As long as it has a great edge........

Too many to chose from I'm afraid. If I really had to pick though, I'd probably say my Wosterholm frameback but I've still got a few straights that I haven't tried yet. I've also got a LR Harner in the post that I'm lead to believe is something special.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
John Heiffor is my favorite maker. I got 3 of those... For now...

My Wade & Butcher re-scaled in horn is probably my best shaver!

I am fortunate to really have one blade that simply outperforms anything else I have. I believe it has to do with my horrible honing skills, and this particualr razor just takes a great edge for me.

8/8 Joe Chandler custom Damascus.

I have dozens of razors. Of the about 6-7 in constant rotation, all can give a superlative shave...but the Chandler just goes one step sharper, two steps smoother, and really shines for me.

this varies a lot for me, but the 3 razors i would, at any given time, name as above the crowd are:

Filarmonica Especial para barbas duras #14 straight point,
Robert Williams 8/8 1/4 hollow spanish point and
Alex Jacques 8/8 Damascus Spanish point.

It feels almost like I am cheating on the rest of them for saying this:)
I like all the straights I have, the few I didn't like, I gave away.

The +++ Crosses de Johann Breidor 7/8 (My most expensive straight razor but worth it)
proxy.php

Guillermo Hoppe 6/8 (The shaving with this one is like a caress)

proxy.php

I think that this straights razors are better than the two filarmonica that I own.

Top Bottom