What's new

How do you know for sure your going bald?

I've been looking closely at my hairline today and I think it's receding! I don't loose gobs of hair or anything and my hair is definitely not thin by any means. Baldness doesn't run in my family and my mum and dad both have a hairline that is quite far back.

Am I just imagining things?

Nope!

Your forehead is expanding. :biggrin1:

Remember,

1) Grass doesn't grow on a busy street.

2) God only made a few perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair.

ok, so I'm not imagining it. I think what got me going on this is my girlfriend said "your going bald old man!" about a week ago. (I'm 30 she's 24) and ever since then I keep looking at my hairline but then try to convince myself that it's not really happening and that my hair has always been this way.

The gospel of Mathew assures us that "The very hairs of our head are all numbered."

I never caught on that I was losing hair until my head got sunburned one day - really sunburned. I was thinking why in the heck does my head hurt so much? It's like that, you are the last to know.

Don't worry about your receeding hariline, look at the crown of your head. If you're not losing hair there, don't worry about it. At least that's what I tell myself. And, as the old joke goes, my hairline has receeded so far, I no longer have a forehead. Now it's a five head.

Don't worry about your receeding hariline, look at the crown of your head. If you're not losing hair there, don't worry about it.

And even if you are, don't worry about it.
I would like to share this gem from shavemyface.com here:

I honestly don't think that ever, at any time in history, anywhere in the world, anyone has judged a man on how much hair he has or doesn't have. Not other men; not women; nobody.

Source.

As somebody else mentioned, hair can fall out for numerous reasons. Pscyhological stressors are a frequent cause of hair loss in young men. Are you under a lot of stress? If so, your hair loss could be temporary.

A dermatologist can sometimes tell by examining your scalp (without a biopsy) whether the hair loss you are experiencing is male pattern baldness or something else.

And by the way, sometimes the hairline recedes and little and then just stays there for the rest of your life. It's hard to predict.

I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I got hurt quite a bit in a traffic accident when I was twenty, and after the accident my forehead expanded about 1-1/2" within short time, but it stopped just as quick as it began and have stayed that way for more than ten years now. I had long hair at the time, and thought it looked kinda silly with the high forehead, so I've shaved my head since, nobody cares if a man don't have hair anyway.

The gospel of Mathew assures us that "The very hairs of our head are all numbered."

I never caught on that I was losing hair until my head got sunburned one day - really sunburned. I was thinking why in the heck does my head hurt so much? It's like that, you are the last to know.

It takes far less to count the ones on my head. :lol:

Oh, and don't forget how much those fat, heavy raindrops hurt. And snow...

ok, so I'm not imagining it. I think what got me going on this is my girlfriend said "your going bald old man!" about a week ago. (I'm 30 she's 24) and ever since then I keep looking at my hairline but then try to convince myself that it's not really happening and that my hair has always been this way.

OK this will either put your mind at ease or it will send you off to the store looking for hair growing tonic :lol:

If you have male pattern baldness.... along with your receding hairline you will find a spot in the middle of the back of your head ( where the skull starts to turn down from the top) that is either very thin or bald. The other indicator is if your grandfather was bald but your father had a full head of hair. This would mean the baldness is hereditary and there isn't much you can do about it.... But think of it this way... if you are going bald then its the perfect excuse to start shaving your head :thumbup:

Of course your wife may give you this look when you do..... :angry: and if you have kids you will most likely get this look from them .... :scared: :crying:

The fun part is trying to explain to all your co-workers why you now have no hair and what all those little bandages on your head are while you are learning all the tricks of head shaving ... just wear some dark sunglasses and no one will know who you are :001_cool: :lol:

It takes far less to count the ones on my head. :lol:

Oh, and don't forget how much those fat, heavy raindrops hurt. And snow...

+1 and don't forget those little bumps on the head that you hardly noticed before when you had hair.... now they feel like someone just ripped your scalp off with a dull DE blade :angry:

Another good thing with loosing your hair is that you won't get wet hair when it's raining, you only get a cold head.

Top Bottom