What's new

I just bought a frighteningly cheap boar brush as a travel brush. Anyone know of it?

I hope you will get it. The ink now says "currently out of stock" and they don;t know if they will get more.

Yeah, I think I'm the one who bought 'em out. I had to go into my account and look at my order history to even get the link. It doesn't show up in Amazon searches right now. I did get a shipping notification this morning, now that I think about it.

IIRC, the consensus was "serviceable but not thrilling". Should be ideal for travel, in the sense that if it gets lost, broken or stolen you'll not shed too many tears, and it seems to work well enough, from the reviews I recall.

IIRC, the consensus was "serviceable but not thrilling".

Serviceable is about all I ask from a travel brush, y'know? Hell, I take a Mach 3 with me when I travel. It's an Edwin Jagger Mach 3, but still... I can't bear the thought of losing one of my DEs or SEs.

I have that brush. It's alright. Just break it in before you start taking it with you. If you want to cancel your brush, I can send you a slightly more broken in one for cheaper. Shoot me a PM and LMK.

I have that brush. It's alright. Just break it in before you start taking it with you. If you want to cancel your brush, I can send you a slightly more broken in one for cheaper. Shoot me a PM and LMK.

You know, I would absolutely take you up on that... but Amazon shipped already. It's too late to do anything. I still appreciate the offer though!

Hey, also, since you own it - I read in a review that the handle is completely raw wood. Is that true? I have some spray poly I can finish it with if such is the case. I'm just wondering.

You know, I would absolutely take you up on that... but Amazon shipped already. It's too late to do anything. I still appreciate the offer though!

Hey, also, since you own it - I read in a review that the handle is completely raw wood. Is that true? I have some spray poly I can finish it with if such is the case. I'm just wondering.

It's true. And it's the size of the semogue 830 handle, but slightly shorter and more awkwardly shaped. Kinda uncomfortable, but it may work for some.

Let us know what you think.

I got it in the mail today. Aside from the raw wood handle, the crooked knot setting, and the large glue run at the base of the knot, it's really nice. The hair is much, MUCH softer than the hair on the VDH brush I'm replacing.

Oh, also, it has more boar funk than any other brush I've ever smelled. I... kinda like it.

I've been using this brush for several weeks now, and I really like it actually. It isn't quite as nice as my semogue, but it works really well now that I have it broken in and is probably the best bang-for-buck brush I know of. The knot on mine was oddly packed and didn't lather at all for a long while, but it now works fine. I wouldn't face lather with it for a week or so though.

I have a Jaguar 236 too. A very nice brush. One of my fav. Jaguars. See my review on it. And yes it is raw wood. I would spray it it is more than worth it.

Top Bottom