What's new

Where can i find Bentonite Clay soap?

i know you can get some at ClassicShaving, but is there anywhere else i can get some of this soap?

i recently traded a tube of Proraso for a bar of Bentonite Clay soap on the shavemyface forums, and i have to say, i LOVE it.

The lather is thicker, and easier to make, i was actually suprised since lather usually doesnt stay that thick with my hard water.

See my post from yesterday in the Skin, Body & Haircare section. Goat's Milk, etc.

GoatBoy Soap sells a Bay Rum soap with bentonite...plus I arranged for a 20% discount for B&B Members! Not sure if any of the other soaps contain bentonite, but you could always ask Lisa.

Thanks Sue, your soaps have that exact grey color that the one i have does.

one question, is your soap soft enough that i could melt it into a container? or is it like the hard milled soaps?

My soaps aren't hard milled (it's very time consuming for an individual home soap maker) but I do not recommend melting or any applied heat as it will most likely cause separation and degradation of the soap. (It also voids my money back guanatee). For instance, the clay mix I use is suspended throughout the soap along with other ingredinets. Melting and cooling improperly will result in layers with the heaviest ingredient at the bottom of the cake. I know a couple of the guys have done it (and I know who you are :) but don't listen to 'them'.
Sue

My soaps aren't hard milled (it's very time consuming for an individual home soap maker) but I do not recommend melting or any applied heat as it will most likely cause separation and degradation of the soap. (It also voids my money back guanatee). For instance, the clay mix I use is suspended throughout the soap along with other ingredinets. Melting and cooling improperly will result in layers with the heaviest ingredient at the bottom of the cake. I know a couple of the guys have done it (and I know who you are :) but don't listen to 'them'.
Sue

You mention melting and cooling improperly would result in layers.

is there a proper way that a simple person like myself might be able to do? or is that a trade secret? :001_tt2:

I imagine that quick cooling would be used to stop layers forming, or i could just be blabbering about something i know nothing about.

Can anyone tell me what thickness SaintCharlesShave soaps are?

I just want to know if it will fit into my wooden bowl.

Can anyone tell me what thickness SaintCharlesShave soaps are?

I just want to know if it will fit into my wooden bowl.

I've melted Sue's soaps, and on her advice, I no longer melt them. Use the soap as she intends. Melting them, as well as any other soap, may have negative impact. Forget what they fit into. Get them wet, use them, and they will be fine. Will it be a perfect fit? Probably not. But the product will be usable, they way that you purchased it.

Randy

Rumour has it that Joris contains clay, and it's quite likely that some of the other French soaps do as well. Considering the heavy lather I get from Joris I suspect that the rumour could very well be true.

Top Bottom