What's new

Which two-blade cartridge is the mildest?

Which two-blade cartridge is the milldest?

• Trac II/GII

• Atra/Contour

• Sensor

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm wondering which of the three kinds of Gillette two-blade cartridges -- Trac II/GII, Atra/Contour, or Sensor -- is the mildest, in your opinion. I'm not looking for which one is the 'most DE-like' (that would be the Trac II/GII, due to its fixed head) or the 'best', I'm only interested in the relative aggressiveness of these cartridges. Thanks for your replies!

PS Trac II and GII are identical; GII is the European name. Atra and Contour are identical; Contour is the European name.

Last edited:
I might forward the Bump Fighter cartridges as an answer to that question.

They've got a foil blade shield that prevents too close a shave. It results in less-than-stellar results to some, but it's definitely non-aggressive.

Personna recently launched their own web store. I'm not sure if they ship to Europe

They don't, in fact they are "CONUS only" if I'm not mistaken:

Currently, only customers with a U.S. mailing address (no PO boxes) in the lower 48 states (D.C. included) can set up an Account. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or another country, we hope to be able to serve you in the future.

I think the Gillette Atra blades are the gentlest (and certainly the smoothest) of all the two-blade cartridge razors available.

Surely more than the current six voters of the thirty thousand B&B members must have used all three of these cartridges?

I have not used a Sensor but have both a Trac-2 (several) and an Atra. I have found that there are a LOT more handles for the Trac-2 than Arta and that the shave with the former can depend a lot on the handle. The best shave, which is how I would define mild, is with a ceramic/brass handle I found on the Bay. It's weight helps a lot, and the angle between the handle and head is also important.

Some handles make you almost hug your face with the handle to get the right angle while the best allow you more leeway.

I'm giving this one a bump -- wondering if the tiny difference between Atra/Contour and Sensor changes.

Top Bottom