What's new

Homemade Bay Rum

Tried several and this worked great. Just passing the info if not already done.

3 cups of dried or fresh bay leaves (fresh is better)
3-4 four-inch sprigs of dried or fresh rosemary - (fresh is better)
3 cups of any rum (you need enough to cover the contents of the mason Jar or container

Sounds good! Where does the clove smell I notice with many Bay rums come from?

Cloves of course. This formula is for a purer bay rum. Most commercial (if any) bay rums have no rum in them.

Tried several and this worked great. Just passing the info if not already done.

3 cups of dried or fresh bay leaves (fresh is better)
3-4 four-inch sprigs of dried or fresh rosemary - (fresh is better)
3 cups of any rum (you need enough to cover the contents of the mason Jar or container

then what?

I would guess you would seal it in a glass jar (like a mason jar) and put it someplace cool and dark for a few weeks, shaking to mix once a day.

I would guess you would seal it in a glass jar (like a mason jar) and put it someplace cool and dark for a few weeks, shaking to mix once a day.

That's what I wanted to know. My barber has given me some of his home brew and I am curious as to the process.

It should also be noted that you should NOT use the bay leaves from a grocery store/produce section. The actual bay from bay rum is Pimenta Racemosa. I've heard you can find it at some health/organic stores, but many people say it's easier to buy bay leaf oil online.

With cooler months coming up, I'm hoping to brew some of this with a bit of lime peel in it, rather than the usual orange peel.

Top Bottom