What's new

The hone i got today.

Just thought i would ask here as well as in the thread i made today in the straight razor section, is this a coti, the light colour side is flat, but the darker side is a bit uneven through wear, though not to bad, so how do i flatten this stone on both sides, do i use the same method for flattening on both sides, and how exactly do i use this stone? the dark line is not a crack, but rins through the stone on the light side.

I posted in your other thread. You don't trust me? I'm hurt. :lol:

Just kidding. I know the chronology is all wrong.

From your thread about the box of razors...

" That's a Coticule/BBW combo stone. I flatten mine on a Course DMT. A few Sheets of rough grit sandpaper on a flat surface (Granite tile, glass pane) would work too."

I have a coti with an almost identical "line" and it has absolutely no affect on honing.

Bart's site is a good resource for learning to use a coticule.

I THINK it is www.coticule.be

I'll click the link and see if it works after this edit and if not I'll break out the google fu.

(Edit: I had the site right, but he's in Belgium not Denmark. Silly me. Should work now.)

Last edited:

" That's a Coticule/BBW combo stone. I flatten mine on a Course DMT. A few Sheets of rough grit sandpaper on a flat surface (Granite tile, glass pane) would work too."

I have a coti with an almost identical "line" and it has absolutely no affect on honing.

I'll click the link and see if it works after this edit and if not I'll break out the google fu.

(Edit: I had the site right, but he's in Belgium not Denmark. Silly me. Should work now.)

Thanks very much for the info on the stone, and how to use/flatten it:001_smile

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

:lol::lol::lol:

Good advice!

Top Bottom