What's new

Would you have paid the price?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
True scenario.... Browsing antique stores with the Blonde Nurse today... Happen across a faded custard glass Old Spice Grand Turk Mug with that special red plastic cover hiding beneath which is cradled an unused puck of NOS soap puck. Price tag reads $19.50. I passed.... Would you have snagged it???

Sounds like a good price, for someone interested in trying the soap. I usually see the empty mugs go for around ten bucks.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Browsing antique stores with the Blonde Nurse today....

Thought you could just sneak that in, eh?

Good move not buying the soap. She would have thought "If he'll drop that much on a gnarly old soap, how much can I make him spend on me?" :lol:

Last edited:
ohh yeah I would have, i'd have made her carry it too :biggrin:

if youre browsing antique stores with here, I cant see a problem in buying an antique

As a long time user of OS, when I could get it, no question about it. Done and done...twenty dollars well spent and would have looked forward to enjoying it for a long time to come. Now where was that antique store?

O/S mug alone is worth $12.00 easily, so that would make the soap $7.50 for vintage O/S goodness. I've seen mug & soap combos like that go for $50+ on the 'bay!

I would have considered it a splurge, but I'd have bought it as well. I think a large brush would make a great lather from that puck.

-- John Gehman

I probably would not have paid $19.50; however, I do have an Old Spice mug and soap I picked up at a local thrift store. Price? $1.49.

Yes, I know, I couldn't believe it either, but it's true. :001_smile

True scenario.... Browsing antique stores with the Blonde Nurse today... Happen across a faded custard glass Old Spice Grand Turk Mug with that special red plastic cover hiding beneath which is cradled an unused puck of NOS soap puck. Price tag reads $19.50. I passed.... Would you have snagged it???

mike have you got a sweetie or are they not letting you out unsupervised these day
s? :lol::lol::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Last edited:
I would have been all over that deal like the scent of Lilac Vegetal on a nursing home wrestling team after a hard match on a day that featured a free Prune and Parsnips brunch! :w00t:

Top Bottom