What's new

DFS over BBS on purpose

I tend to mix it up a bit,. Sometimes BBS, sometimes a single xtg to get by, and sometimes just miss a day to get to attack a bit more growth.

But, yes, I'm always looking forward to the next shave. :thumbup:

I suppose I do; I've come to the conclusion that BBS is not going to happen on my neck, and I am fine with that. If it happen one day I'm more than ok with that. But if I only go for a DFS I will not have any irritation, which is my shaving goal. Anyone that I encounter won't be able to tell the difference just from looking, and SWMBO is happy with my current shaves so :thumbup:.

I'm one of those old school guys that just cannot leave the house without shaving. Everyday for me. I do two passes with my 1951 Tech with a little touch up under the chin. It's always a DFS and if I hit on BBS so much the better.

But to answer the question directly, I always target for a DFS. If BBS happens, it happens.:001_smile

Even with a BBS I only get about 12 good hours if I'm lucky after that I'm definitively prickly about the face. Anything less than BBS and I get 6 to 8 before I have a random rough patch here and there. I guess my wiskers grow fast.

Anyone here that aims for a DFS instead of a BBS in order to shave more often?
:001_smile

If I'm at a client site, I sometimes opt for a DFS over BBS. The last thing I want it blood on my white shirt color because of a weeper that I missed post shave. Otherwise, I try for BBS without sacrificing an irritation free shave.

Not interested in BBS. DFS with healthy skin looks a lot better than BBS with red bumps and weepers.

This really is true. I don't get bumps or weepers, but when I do an ATG pass for that great, perfectly stubble-free feeling, I do get redness. Skipping the ATG pass just makes my skin look better.

Some days a two pass and some days a three pass.
I usually shave 5 times a week, and skip days alot.
So far in my experience too many touch up attempts just make things worse.
If I lather right and use the right blade/razor combo I have a DFS with three passes.

But I am still trying blade and razor combos so the "holy grail" might still be out there for me. But I am striving to keep buying addictions so rampant on this board from infecting me:thumbup:

Gene

I don't have to 'settle' for DFS, it's the norm. I'm still not that skilled yet that I can easily get BBS everyday without spending a great deal of time and risking irritation and injury.

Besides, SWMBO had already given her stamp of approval to DFS! Everything after that is just gravy...

I go for DFS every time just because its a very nice shave, and the only one who knows you have a BBS is yourself. :thumbup1: Why risk the chance of lots of irritation? :thumbdown

Top Bottom