What's new

Weird pants loops

I have a mystery on my hands. I recently bought a suit off of Ebay. Great price, and was very nearly my size, just needed the sleeves and pants lengthened a bit.

It comes in the mail and there is a mysterious loop on the front. It's not attached top and bottom like a belt loop, it hangs off of the front. It's just about big enough to stick a finger through. The suit is at the tailors or I'd take a better picture, but here's what I have.

I have no idea what this loop is for. If I were to take an absolutely wild guess I'd say it's to attach a pocket watch to perhaps?

proxy.php

TheShaun

Bejeweled
perhaps there's a way to fix your belt buckle to it from behind to keep your buckle from straying too far away from center?

Thats is for your belt, it keeps everything lined up and crisp. Center your buckle over it and slip the loop over the frog of the belt and carry on from there.

I think the pants were designed for a guy who is missing a hand and has a hook for a hand, so he can use his hook to pull his pants closed.

I think the pants were designed for a guy who is missing a hand and has a hook for a hand, so he can use his hook to pull his pants closed.

If this is so, they might be cursed pirate pants. Tread lightly, swabbie.

Good luck with your pants mystery!

Thats is for your belt, it keeps everything lined up and crisp. Center your buckle over it and slip the loop over the frog of the belt and carry on from there.

This makes total sense. I knew I'd find an answer here!

Kind of disappointed they're not pirate pants though. :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom