What's new

Edwin Jagger Travel Brush

If anyone is looking for a compact travel brush, this is it! Aluminum case and handle, screw cap, brush screws back into cap making for a long handle. Better badger bristle, soft yet stiff-enough feel. Various colors, if that matters. Helluva brush. I searched for a while, even bought and returned an Art of Shaving travel ***. Cute, small, and easy to use, but bristles fell out from first shave.

This is it in my book. I'm looking for other travel brushes since I need several stashed wherever I travel from, so I'd like other ideas. It has to be contact when stored, and dries well in storage.

While I rarely travel lately, I have two which both work well and do not remember either ever shedding as much as a single hair: AOS Silvertip in the turnback handle which I use with just the brush and long lug with out screwing it into the handle/drip cover and a Crabtree and Ev. Travel badger with the plastic travel tube. It is like the Wee Scott. Both produce wonderful lather and I can highly recommend either as the prices are quite different.

I do have a vintage Colgate silver boar brush in the travel tube that appears never to have been used. The small brush on the right is another non-used antique- Hardright with travel tube in ivory. I would highly recommend the first two; the Colgate and HARDRIGHT are in my bookcase. :thumbup:

The AOS I bought and returned was probably a promo since it came with a few extra, was only $25, and though badger, just slipped in and out of the tube. Their normal travel brush is higher price.

Truefitt & Hill had a screw in-and-out as you described. The Wynn in Las Vegas ran a special at $35 to clear them out, and like an idiot I didn't buy one. Now they aren't available that I can find.

C&E doesn't carry travel brushes anymore, but I do like their regular brush made by E&J. Stiffer than some, but helps to set up the whiskers.

Top Bottom