What's new

Thanks Guys and Gals

For a couple of hours of total amusement and taking my mind off the Chemo. Just being able to read some of the posts and comments really helped make the time go by. I am lucky to have found this corner of the internet.... sanity or no sanity exists here and I hope it stay's just the way it is... now if it would only help the queasy stomach

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
For a couple of hours of total amusement and taking my mind off the Chemo. Just being able to read some of the posts and comments really helped make the time go by. I am lucky to have found this corner of the internet.... sanity or no sanity exists here and I hope it stay's just the way it is... now if it would only help the queasy stomach

Hey, maybe the queasy stomach is from reading some of the posts here, I know I get that feeling sometimes. :lol:

Hope all is going well Brian

Brian, I hope you are doing well. If you have an updates, share with us. We should be thanking you for all you do. You deserve that Steward badge you have.

Why did I look this up? WHY??

Badger Recipe Follows:

o cook one badger you’ll need: 1 badger
1 glass of pig’s blood
1 small glass of armagnac
1 ginger root
1 bottle of dry, sparkling white wine
2 eggs
1 pot of crème fraîche
salt and pepper
500g forest mushrooms OR chestnuts to accompany
100g butter
oil
Eviscerate and skin your badger, and soak it in a fast-flowing river for at least 48 hours. This will help you to de-grease it more easily.
Once the badger is de-greased, cut it into pieces and brown it in a frying pan with butter. When the pieces are golden and stiff, flambée with the armanac, season and add a grated soup-spoon of ginger, fresh if possible.
Pour over the wine, and simmer gently for at least two hours.
At the end of the cooking time, mix the chopped badger liver (cooked beforehand in a little oil), the glass of blood, two egg yolks, a coffee-spoon of ginger and the crème fraîche, and pour into the cooking dish. Serve immediately.

Why did I look this up? WHY??

Badger Recipe Follows:

o cook one badger you’ll need: 1 badger
1 glass of pig’s blood
1 small glass of armagnac
1 ginger root
1 bottle of dry, sparkling white wine
2 eggs
1 pot of crème fraîche
salt and pepper
500g forest mushrooms OR chestnuts to accompany
100g butter
oil
Eviscerate and skin your badger, and soak it in a fast-flowing river for at least 48 hours. This will help you to de-grease it more easily.
Once the badger is de-greased, cut it into pieces and brown it in a frying pan with butter. When the pieces are golden and stiff, flambée with the armanac, season and add a grated soup-spoon of ginger, fresh if possible.
Pour over the wine, and simmer gently for at least two hours.
At the end of the cooking time, mix the chopped badger liver (cooked beforehand in a little oil), the glass of blood, two egg yolks, a coffee-spoon of ginger and the crème fraîche, and pour into the cooking dish. Serve immediately.

Myself, I would mix the ____ with Lilac Vegetal, not ____ .

Hang in there, Brian.

You're in my thoughts and all best wishes to you, Brian. It's tough - I've seen people go through this - but keep going and keep your chin up. You're going to beat it!

They say laughter is the best medicine, buddy. Keep smiling, or we'll send a human whoopee cushion over.

proxy.php

Brian, I also find this group of gentlemen (and the occasional lady) a welcome oasis from the tensions of a hectic life. They are truly a fine group of people and help to remind me of the goodness that humanity is capable of. I am glad that B&B keeps you amused and is a respite from your daily struggles. Good luck with your chemotherapy and I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.

Brian, I also find this group of gentlemen (and the occasional lady) a welcome oasis from the tensions of a hectic life. They are truly a fine group of people and help to remind me of the goodness that humanity is capable of. I am glad that B&B keeps you amused and is a respite from your daily struggles. Good luck with your chemotherapy and I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.

Posts like this are what keep me coming back here.

Good luck Brian, everyone is here for you!

Top Bottom