What's new

Help Identifying Dame, Stoddard "HUB"

I recently won an auction on eBay for two razors. One is a Durham and I've read enough to know that if I'm lucky I won't accidentally cut myself on it when I throw it away. :tongue_sm

Anyway, the real thing I bid on was the other razor. I think it is in really good shape but haven't had much luck finding out anything about it.

I think there may be a mismatch between the razor and the box. The box has on it that it is 110 and the razor has 50. I hope I'm wrong.

The handle is black and it is in great shape. No cracks, open and closes easily, pins appear to be tight. Some water marks on blade but no rust that I could see. Then, and I don't know what I was thinking when I did this, I ran it lightly over the back of my hand and easily shaved off a small patch of hair.

Any help would be appreciated!

Stoddard refers to a cutlery shop in Boston (now Newton), which claims to be the oldest continually existing cutlery company in the United States. It's at least very old in origin.

Like with many other cutlery shops in the US, that razor was made elsewhere (Solingen in this case, so it's 99% certain to be good quality) per an order from the cutlery company. "HUB" refers to Boston, MA, otherwise called "The Hub of the Universe". You might try calling up Stoddard's. There's a small chance they could tell you more.

EDIT: Stoddard's website is at http://www.stoddards.com/

Stoddard refers to a cutlery shop in Boston (now Newton), which claims to be the oldest continually existing cutlery company in the United States. It's at least very old in origin.

Like with many other cutlery shops in the US, that razor was made elsewhere (Solingen in this case, so it's 99% certain to be good quality) per an order from the cutlery company. "HUB" refers to Boston, MA, otherwise called "The Hub of the Universe". You might try calling up Stoddard's. There's a small chance they could tell you more.

EDIT: Stoddard's website is at http://www.stoddards.com/

Thanks! I'll see if they can help me at all. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom