What's new

Ivy Club Spice w/ Witch Hazel any good?

I'm finding the dollar store Ivy Club Spice a little strong....too much spice. What's the best way to cut it? I've heard of some people using Witch Hazel. Does that work well? If so, what are the proportions?

Thanks so much!

I'm finding the dollar store Ivy Club Spice a little strong....too much spice. What's the best way to cut it? I've heard of some people using Witch Hazel. Does that work well? If so, what are the proportions?

Thanks so much!

I'm sure that would work to thin it out but I'm not sure that the scents would go well together. Old Spice smells so good and witch hazel smells terrible. Try mixing a little bit of each in the palm of your hand and see what happens. That way you won't ruin a whole bottle of Club d'Ivoire by cutting it with witch hazel and finding out that the blend isn't very good.

He could thin it with unscented Thayer's witchhazel; the Thayer's doesn't have any smell at all. It would actually make the aftershave better for your skin, too.

I agree that the OS smell and "real" witchhazel smell probably wouldn't go together very well.

For the record, I no longer dislike the smell of real witchhazel, though, because it feels so good.

Hey guys, I thank you both for your responses. I'll some unscented Witch Hazel and see what happens.

My wife gave the nickname "stink-face" when she first smelt the Ivy Club Spice. Maybe this will change her mind...... :wacko:

Top Bottom