What's new

Mildest Razor for Fearful Friend?

I have a friend who has become interested enough in DE shaving to have purchased a Feather Portable but found it too aggressive for his untrained hands and is now afraid of it. It's a little strange because I found the Feather Portable to be pretty mild but I only have a Merkur Classic and Slant to compare it with. I told him I would ask around for advice on the mildest of mild razors for him to learn on. I have no experience with Gillettes but am I correct that the Gillette Blue Tip is supposed to be one of the milder razors around? Anything milder?

Wow..Nice handy chart. Thanks!

Anyway, he's barely getting by as a EMT while trying to get on as a firefighter/paramedic and wants to minimize his expenses. Mild and affordable are his priorities...at least until he figures out if he wants to continue DE shaving. Any advice there would be great as well!

Wow going by that chart I may have gone in a little too keen with having ordered a Feather Portable and an Edwin Jagger.
The starter shaves I've had with the Feather and Feather razors have been without shedding any of the precious stuff luckily :thumbup:

The Tech is mild, built like a truck & can be had for less then 10 USD.
Honestly, it's darn near impossible to hurt yourself with it!

Still, you can get a very good shave out of it.

I am in the tech/krona camp, cheap, easily available and great shavers, as has been mentioned, the wilkinson is a good current mild shave, though I don't know if this is easily available to you, the other 2 that spring to mind are the lord tech and feather portable, which are good shavers at a bargain price.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Tech is mild, built like a truck & can be had for less then 10 USD.
Honestly, it's darn near impossible to hurt yourself with it!

Still, you can get a very good shave out of it.

Exactly. Perfect starter razor that holds up well even after you get your technique down.

A 50's Superspeed is also a great choice that shaves well, but isn't likely to bite.

Top Bottom