What's new

How much do you use?

How much a/s do you put on each morning? I really have no idea whether I'm using too much, enough, too little, etc. I'm using Ogallala BR w limes and peppercorn, if that is useful info.

Thanks!

I guess it depends on what it is. Musgo Real, maybe three shakes onto a damp face. Speick, up to around half a teaspoon...same for AV. Balms typically get about a nickle size. Trumpers Skin Food, only a couple drops. The list goes on....

I normally apply AS and then a scent separately, so the AS (or witch hazel) is used as an astringent and not to perfume me for the day. That being said, I will add a good-sized splash to the palm of one hand before rubbing my hands together and applying the juice to my face. It feels good and it usually gives a soothing burn and doesn't cost the world.

you use too much if people three offices down can smell you.

seriously I use about a dime size of splash and about a half almond size of balm. I use aftershave to enjoy the scent, not to kill my co-workers.

Last edited:
I use SCS aftershave milk, and it literally only takes a few drops a day, slapped onto a damp face with slightly wet hands.

Feels great and smells great. :thumbup1:

you use too much if people three offices down can smell you.

seriously I use about a dime size of splash and about a half almond size of balm. I use aftershave to enjoy the scent, not to kill my co-workers.

But think of all the extra office space! I agree though. Use enough that you are getting the benefits of whatever it is you are using, without creating a scent force field.

The man should always linger longer than his cologne, or in this case, aftershave.

I usually shave at night, and thus don't have to worry about how much I put on as it fades somewhat while I sleep. Lately I've been applying a pretty small amount into my hand, rubbing them together and rubbing into the face. I don't have any a/s overflowing out of my palm and running down my arm, but I have over applied in the past.

Last edited:
Bay rum in general isn't particularly long-lasting. I have the Ogalalla bay rum aftershave/toner and the cologne. Wonderful scents, but you'd have to use a whole lot of it to approach overpowering. And even if you do, it'll settle down by the time you get to work.

...that being said, i will add a good-sized splash to the palm of one hand before rubbing my hands together and applying the juice to my face. It feels good and it usually gives a soothing burn and doesn't cost the world.

+1

Top Bottom