What's new

Alpa 378 Aftershave Splash

How about this one, anybody tried it besides me so far? :001_smile

I also got a sample of this as a winner of a contest from Against The Grain:
http://www.againstthegrain.ecrater.com/

Alpa 378 is an amazing Irisch Moos clone, I have no idea which product was made first and do not mean this statement to be insulting to either product. The similarities are just that obvious to me that I had to point them out.

Alpa 378 is slightly mentholated and has a wonderful scent that I found remarkebly similar to Irisch Moos. The scent lingered for about an hour and left my skin feeling nice and soft all evening. If you love Irisch Moos a/s but can't find it locally or don't want to pay through the nose for it give Alpa 378 a try. :thumbup1:

Yeah, very good stuff. It costs me about... well one dollar for a bottle :w00t:. I find it similar to Irish Moos, but with more chypre scent. Just menthol and chypre... You get a big burn after that but it has fantastic healing properties. If you can, try it!

If there is anything I can pick up for you in the USA in order to trade for a bottle of this aftershave I will glady make a trade with you.

Sending you a PM right now as a matter of fact.

Yeah, very good stuff. It costs me about... well one dollar for a bottle :w00t:. I find it similar to Irish Moos, but with more chypre scent. Just menthol and chypre... You get a big burn after that but it has fantastic healing properties. If you can, try it!

+1, this A/S is outstanding :thumbup:

Irisch Moos doesn't hold a candle to 378

I recently bought a bottle of this for 26 cents (US) - and that was at half-price! :biggrin1: Used it a couple of times. It's ok, has a very nice cooling effect, especially after shaving with Proraso cream. I find the scent devolves into something that brings to mind pine-scented floor cleaner, though that could be a body chemistry thing. My wife seems to be ok with it, and it doesn't make my daughter sneeze, so I guess I'll keep using it.

bythbook, trust me, you do not want to try the Czech Pitralon. It's really vile stuff.

I never heard of that site before or the product. They ship out of Toronto which isn't far from me. Thanks for sharing this info. :001_smile

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I recently came into a bottle of Alpa 378, thanks to a generous PIF by Jopo. I have no idea what "chypre" smells like, but it smelled "funny" on the initial application. It quickly dired down to what I woudl call a "powdery fern" kind of scent, which is very nice and my skin feels great, even after using a 5-bladed cart fr shave #20.

Additionally, the 50ml bottle looks to be a keeper, quite well suited to a travel kit.

HAve had 378 a few times in the den but the UK supply seems to have dried up. I can get it from Europe but SWMBO says I've got to sort out my ASAD first.

Top Bottom