What's new

GFT Extract of Limes - I *Love* that stuff

It burns like crazy but afterward feels great. And that scent! It's the best lime ever, and I've tried a lot of them. Expensive but worth every penny. Try it if you haven't and you love lime.

It burns like crazy but afterward feels great. And that scent! It's the best lime ever, and I've tried a lot of them. Expensive but worth every penny. Try it if you haven't and you love lime.

You heard the man, kids. Pain and Limes. What's not to love?

It is great stuff, though.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I would agree that this is one of the best lime scents out there but as far as an aftershave goes I think it falls into those aftershaves that exist to match the cologne. Speick's healing properties far outweigh that of Trumper Extract of Limes at a fraction of the cost.

This aftershave is great for layering with the matching shave soap and cologne and since this fragrance is somewhat fleeting, the more the merrier.

Last edited:
Well sure, boss. But does it hurt? Really hurt? Can't match up to the GFT there. :tongue_sm

Nope, Speick (also a favorite - I am no stranger to Speick) is painless by comparison. BTW, I don't like the extract of limes cologne :) It doesn't smell like the aftershave. Of course, citrus scents don't last and are usually just an opening note of a more complex cologne.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Well sure, boss. But does it hurt? Really hurt? Can't match up to the GFT there. :tongue_sm

It will after using a Merkur blade. :wink:

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read alot about this stuff on these boards and I just don't understand what's so great about it if the scent is so fleeting? It seems that TOBS Victorian Lime AS and Cologne last much longer....according to user reviews. What makes the cost of GFT justifiable? Is the scent that great even though it just doesn't last? I'm torn between GFT and TOBS.

Aftershave isn't SUPPOSED to last. It's not cologne or EdT. If you want a scent that lasts, you need to apply something else after your aftershave. Especially if it's a citrus scent. Not even the citrus in a citrus cologne lasts any length of time. It's always just an opening or top note.

There are a couple exceptions to this. Musgo comes immediately to mind, as does Hattric. But neither of those are citrus scents, and I would personally class Musgo as a combination aftershave and cologne.

If you look at the reviews for the stuff you mention, you will note that the citrus scent disappears quickly to be replaced with others.

If you like burn then I think St. John's Lime edges out trumpers b/c there is no sugar smell in it. If you like longevity the TOBS Victorian Lime is your ticket.

If you like burn then I think St. John's Lime edges out trumpers b/c there is no sugar smell in it. If you like longevity the TOBS Victorian Lime is your ticket.

Actually, Pussers is amazingly burny. Even more so than GFT. But I like the GFT better.

I love the lime. It might even be my favorite. I would go so far as to say it makes me happy.

But, :bayrum2::bayrum2::bayrum2::bayrum2::bayrum2: IT HURTS LIKE A MUTHER.

I use it and like it, but the scent completely evaporates within just a few scant minutes. Most disappointing.

:crying:

Although scent isn't the single most important aspect when picking out an aftershave, it's right up there and has to have some staying power. Yes, even AS. If Skin Bracer, Clubman and AV can last at the very least an hour or more, so should every single AS out there IMO. Especially with the price GFT goes for. Unless this stuff is life altering cause it just feels so good on the skin, I can't even begin to understand why someone would pay even $10 for this stuff. No offense to anyone, but this is definitely a YMMV thing. :001_smile

Top Bottom