What's new

Edwin Jagger Razors?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the EJ DE89L, the EJ DE89BL, and the EJ DE89LBL, as I've seen all three for sale on Amazon, and can't quite make out the difference between them? Thanks...

Can anyone tell me the difference between the EJ DE89L, the EJ DE89BL, and the EJ DE89LBL, as I've seen all three for sale on Amazon, and can't quite make out the difference between them? Thanks...

Never heard of the LBL, but I believe the L is the chromed lined handle and the BL is the black handle...maybe the LBL is a lined black handle but I personally have never seen or heard of one.

they are just extra letter put on by the factory. the correct # is EJ89ldb5. If you go to the English shaving co web site you can get the 89l "the L is for lines" for $28.54 including shipping. A great co i bought the EJ87 with the ivory handle about 2 months ago, got the shaver in only about 7 days from the UK. You also get 5 derby blades and some samples from them. good luck

the only ones i've seen are ebony, ivory, chrome, and chrome-lined. i have the 89L and it's a great razor..one of my favorites

The 89L is my go-to razor. The Amazon deal isn't bad since shipping would be free, but you might be able to save some bucks with the site mentioned above.

I believe Muhle makes the EJ 89 head, and while Muhle is also German, I think Muhle and Merkur are unrelated.

It's the Harley Davidson syndrome. H-D bikes all have names like FX, FXWG, FL, FLTC, FLTCRG and so on. EJ razors are DE86, DE87, DE89, DE89L, DE89LBBS, DE89LDFS, DE89LSTDC (Shaves too damn close).:biggrin1:

Which one are you looking to buy on Amazon? I ordered mine from there 2 months ago and was a little confused as well. I could look my order up and tell you which one I ordered if you are looking for the lined chrome handled one.

Top Bottom