What's new

7/8 Japanese Western

Here is my latest restore.
It's a 7/8 Perikan. It was a rusted out junker I got off the bay.
It's been hand sanded, reshaped heel and toe to get rid of the rust that had eaten thru the blade, tumbled and polished.
The scales are a red orange acrylic with a black wedge.
I went pinless on the front (idea borrowed from Ambrose, thanx bud!).
Hope you guys like it, any and all comments and pointers are welcome!!:thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry for crappy Iphone pix

Nice work! What did you use to reshape the heel and toe? I might have to take a second look at some of those on eBay.

That is a fantastic job, particularly after considering the before photo!

Thanks, I wish I would have taken more before photos, I always forget, I just get anxious and want to start working on them, that I forget.

Nice work! What did you use to reshape the heel and toe? I might have to take a second look at some of those on eBay.

Thanks Harvitz, I used one of the orange grinding stone attchements on my Dremel, and a coarse grit sanding drum attachement. No one bid on it cuz it was in bad shape, and i was actually looking for something to practice grinding on, the $5 shipped price was a no brainer, especially cuz it was rusted in the areas that I wanted to reshape :thumbup1:!!

Until I saw the before picture I never would have thought that it wasn't the original design of the blade. You did a great job with the lines, plus the scales lines compliment it very nicely.

Nice job!

Great job Ernie!

I found a few straights with pitting or damage right at the tip and turned them into Spanish points.

Until I saw the before picture I never would have thought that it wasn't the original design of the blade. You did a great job with the lines, plus the scales lines compliment it very nicely.

Nice job!

Great job Ernie!

I found a few straights with pitting or damage right at the tip and turned them into Spanish points.

Wow, that's amazing.

Beautiful, like it a lot!

Thank you guys, I appreciate the kind words:thumbup1:

Wow. Incredible work. More of a resurrection than a restoration! Looks like a race car in those red scales. Point looks original. How do you do scales without a pin in the wedge and?

Wow. Incredible work. More of a resurrection than a restoration! Looks like a race car in those red scales. Point looks original. How do you do scales without a pin in the wedge and?

Superglue and clamp them.

Too bad Nerdman isn't on the forum these days.

Top Bottom