What's new

Irish Spring-esque AS?

I'm lookin' for an AS splash or balm (doesn't really matter) that has the kind of scent Irish Spring body soap has. That's a damn good scent. Any close alternatives?

The suggestion that comes immediately to mind is Penhaligon's 'English Fern'. It is a classic Fougere and so MUCH more than Irish Spring. The main drawback is price. The 100ml bottle is nearly $75. As for a more workaday, reasonably priced alternative I am not sure. Maybe one of the Booster scents? Mayhaps someone who uses them can comment. I have a sample of the Booster Mosswood and it is nothing like Irish Spring. Possibly Provence Sante Green Tea though I have never smelled it. Roger et Gallet used to have a green tea edt that was very fresh smelling indeed though who knows if the Provence Sante version is anything like it. This is interesting because done up in a mildly scented aftershave splash the scent of I.S. would not be all that bad.

Regards, Todd

Lots of guys have noted that the IM scent is similar to Irish Spring soap. It's not exactly the same, but it's as close as anything I can think of. The Irisch Moos Aftershave has a very distinct soapy note to it. It's been a while since I've used Irish Spring, but I definitely detect a similarity.

I'm lookin' for an AS splash or balm (doesn't really matter) that has the kind of scent Irish Spring body soap has. That's a damn good scent. Any close alternatives?

Last edited:
I'd have to say the Sir Irisch Moos AS is as close as I've found.... there are few importers to the States.

again, price is a consideration - $36 for 50 ml from the importer I've used (currently in stock, I believe) - I've seen it advertised at other sites for less, but it appears to be usually out of stock.

Irish Spring oil is an interesting idea. Zap some of that into a bottle of Lucido and you would probably have something pretty nice.

I agree with the Irisch Moos. While it is not identical, it reminds of Irish Spring whenever I shave with the soap. It's too bad that the AS & Cologne are too expensive. I need a friend in Germany!

How many drops are you putting in a puck?

I put in around 1/4 teaspoon per puck.

This is not an exact science as some Fragrance Oil is stronger than others and each of us will have different preferences as to strength of the fragrance.

If you feel that the strength is too weak you can remelt the soap and add more. Also, the fragrance will weaken over time if the soap is not covered.

Top Bottom