What's new

Wilkinson Sword Tech 3 @ Wal-Mart

V

victorpf

I just these at Wally World and they are great!! The best shave I ever got with any disposable or injector razor!

I've also seen DE blades by wilkinson sword at walmart here resently:w00t:..
As you may know, Wal-Mart is replacing the entire Personna line they used to stock with products from Wilkinson Sword (aka Schick). There are new Wilkinson Sword double edge blades, disposables, Atra/ Trac II combo carts, and a new cartridge razor called the Wilkinson Sword Tech 3:

The Blades are even made in the USA!!

proxy.php

The Wilkinson Sword Tech 3 cost $5 with two cartridges, and replacement carts are $5 for a 4 pack ($1.25 each), so quite economical.

The pivot style is similar to that on a Sensor, but the attachment point is much wider than that of the Sensor, and even wider than that of a Schick Hydro.

The cartridges will thus only work with the Tech 3 handle.

In the interest of trying out new things, I bought both the razor, and a refill pack. I will take them for a whirl this coming week. :tongue_sm

I actually just picked up the Wilkinson Sword Tech3 at Wal-Mart tonight because it was $5, and even though I favor a safety razor, I sometimes don't have the time for a 4 pass shave(I have to make an extra pass on my throat). I did have a Personna M5 Magnum, and was trying to find cartridges for it but couldn't. I'll maybe give the Tech3 a spin tomorrow if I get a chance. Lately I haven't had much time to spend grooming other than a shower and brushing my teeth, but we'll see. I'll post what I used and how I feel about the razor when I get a chance.

1 shave with it so far. Here's what was used:

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Tech3
Soap: Van Der Hagen Deluxe
Brush: Van Der Hagen Boar Bristle
Aftershave: adidas Dynamic Pulse

It performs like a typical cartridge razor. On the plus side, the replacement cartridges and the razor itself are $5, so my wallet isn't hurting. The other good thing about it is, thanks to the way the cartridge is attached to the handle, it allows you to run water over it and dislodge any stubble that may be stuck. I'll give it a few more runs, maybe 2-3 more, at the most, but for $5 it's kind of tough to complain

Top Bottom