What's new

Martin de Candre shaving soap

I am looking at the shaving soaps on the Martin de Candre website:

http://www.shaving-soap.net/presentation-shaving-soap.html

From reading reviews on various websites, it apppears this is excellent shaving soap. I have used L'Occitane & Pre de Provence Cade shaving soaps, and I have been pleased with both, particularly skin softening properties.

What are the best scents to order of the Martin de Candre, and is there any difference in the performance of the soaps?

Thanks,

DRW

I dont think there are too many users on here...been eyeballing this stuff for awhile but the shipping costs turn most ment off.

MdC only offers one scent in the shave soap. The only choice is the size.

That's what I thought too, until I looked @ the link. There are 2 or 3 "limited edition" shaving soaps available.

To the OP: MdC makes 1st rate shaving soap. If you can deal w/the shipping cost -- and it's excessive -- you're in for a treat. As to which scent you should get, well...I only have the original, which kind of reminds me of clean linen. Based on the descriptions on their website, I have absolutely no clue how the other soaps smell. Your guess is as good as mine.

I love these scent descriptions!

"calls back to you your games of childhood. Between the domino and the légo, the memories go back up and touch slowly your memory"

"your shaving soap is your morning friend. It is the hour to get up, the time of the shaving and the breakfast arrived."

"The dragonfly lives 'near the fresh and still water' "

Fantastic. Still no idea what they're supposed to smell like, but fantastic!

I couldn't stand the original scent, but it was the best lathering soap I ever tried. They can't have screwed it up too badly by adding different scents.

I alternate daily between MdeC and MWF. MdeC is a great soap. As another poster mentioned it is only offered in one scent. The bowls are just different options. In a few of the bowls you can actually get more soap for the money. If you order the dragon fly bowl be careful, the glass is thin. It is an artistry soap and as such has a scent that can be somewhat medicinal.

Other than MWF I have never shaved with another soap that leaves my face as moisturized and smooth. It really is one of my most favorites. I sure would like to see a US distributor so I can save on shipping expenses.

So, are there more scents or just funny glass containers? It does appear to be more scents...

I may have to jump on some....:got nothing coming in the mail at the moment......and I've been looking at this a long.....long time.

Think I'll go original scent tho.....glass bowl

You ___g guys.

I'm really trying to be good.

I successfully (so far) dodged the Dominico Caracini (soap & edt) lust... and now this.

Damn.

I may have to jump on some....:got nothing coming in the mail at the moment......and I've been looking at this a long.....long time.

Think I'll go original scent tho.....glass bowl

Buy 2. I'll go in on it w/you. Shipping $$ won't change.

You ___g guys.

I successfully (so far) dodged the Dominico Caracini (soap & edt) lust... and now this.

Damn.

On 2nd thought, buy 3. Jon's good for it. Right, Jon? :biggrin:

So after looking carefully at these offerings, there really is only ONE scent here, just in different bowls. Read it carefully. I thought they were new scents too.

I've been playing around with shipping the other day. It looks like the cheapest way to get it is to order 5 x 140g dragon fly "Libellules" soaps. The shipping will be the same as only 1. That's for shipping to Australia tho... All you have to do is find 5 people to buy them and then one person to recieve and distribute them.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
You ___g guys.

Damn.

Well, you missing something! Domenico Caraceni's cream is the best there is...

Top Bottom