What's new

Witch Hazel(Thayers Rose Petal) helped somewhat

I'm still suffering from nicks and irritation on my throat after shaving. However, I tried the above for the first time this morning after shaving, and it did provide some relief from pain and irritation.

I really need to squeeze the trigger on a sampler pack as the Merkur Super blades are still the number one suspect.:mad3:

I'm determined to keep trying until my wet shaving experience improves for the best.:thumbup1:

Brio1,

You have been given good advice. I got a sampler pack when I first started and most of the blades I could use and many I liked. There were however, some that I have run across in that sampler and down the road, that I could not use because they reacted with my face. For me those were the Trigs, Treets, and the Chinese Gillettes with marketing and language for various Asian countries. I know to steer clear of these blades through sampling.

I wish you success in your search.

Brio1,

You have been given good advice. I got a sampler pack when I first started and most of the blades I could use and many I liked. There were however, some that I have run across in that sampler and down the road, that I could not use because they reacted with my face. For me those were the Trigs, Treets, and the Chinese Gillettes with marketing and language for various Asian countries. I know to steer clear of these blades through sampling.

I wish you success in your search.

And just as a side not, if you get one of those samplers and find some blades you do not like, there is always the BST.

Brio:

You may find that after trying a sampler pack that there a number of blades that work for you rather than just one. Then you can look to see which one gives you the most shaves per $.

Happy hunting.

good luck on finding a blade that works for you. For me at least the throat was the hardest part of my face to learn to shave well. It took months of trial and error, so don't get discouraged, and the improvements were incremental.

Just stick with it, better shaves will come with practice.

good luck on finding a blade that works for you. For me at least the throat was the hardest part of my face to learn to shave well. It took months of trial and error, so don't get discouraged, and the improvements were incremental.

Just stick with it, better shaves will come with practice.

+1

Witch Hazel is great for cutting down on razor burn and irritation. I agree with everyone else, get a sample pack and find out the best combination for yourself.

Top Bottom