What's new

My $20 Tweezerman outperformed my $40 Kingsley?

Hi gents,

In lathering a soap this morning I found that I got a much more desirable lather with my Tweezerman brush than with my recently acquired Kingsley brush. What gives?

The Kingsley has much softer hair than the Tweezerman, but I find it annoying that I plunked down the $$ for said brush and its not performing to spec.

I'm using Ogallala Bay Rum soap.

Any pointers?

- ice

Rougher hairs = batter lather? It's like lathering on your hairy arm over your palm (unless you have hairy palms). You'll make a better lather on your hairy arms than palms. Your palms are too soft.

My softest brush feels the best but doesn't necessarily perform the best. But my best performer isn't necessarily uncomfortable.. which is why I sometimes can't justify buying a silvertip brush over a finest or best.

tweezerman makes a very good brush - it's badger;

imo it's just the right balance for both soaps and creams;

i also have a golen nib badger - very soft & also lathers well, but i like how the slightly stiffer tweezerman does soaps;

I like the size and stiffness of the Tweezerman also.

Most prestigious brush? Heck no.

Decent performer at the pricepoint? Mine is.

I've heard of handles giving up the ghost early, but so far, so good here.

Price does not dictate brush quality. A $400 Plisson will not outperform a $75 Rooney, ever.

+1. Keep in mind, some brushes are better with soap and others are better with creams. I try to buy ones that will handle both well. Additionally, your new brush may need a break in period before judging it.

Top Bottom