What's new

Laphroaig 57.8% Cask Strength

Oh, you lucky devil. I have a couple of bottles of Laphroaig 10 year at 43% ABV, which I love. I can only imagine how good Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength must taste.

Laphroaig is very good!
Probably my favorite in my limited single malt journey thus far.

Actually, search the History Channel for a show called Modern Marvels, they have one on Distilleries that is pretty interesting. Laphroaig is featured along with Jim Beam and Maker's Mark. It's a pretty good show.

Laphroaig produce great whiskies, congratulations on getting hold of Cask Strength. Of course I am in no way jealous!

One of my favorites. Mine in 55.7% though. It is not a whiskey you give to people that are not used to drink whiskey!

Laphroaig is very good!
Probably my favorite in my limited single malt journey thus far.

Actually, search the History Channel for a show called Modern Marvels, they have one on Distilleries that is pretty interesting. Laphroaig is featured along with Jim Beam and Maker's Mark. It's a pretty good show.

This one?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbjMgPcv78[/YOUTUBE]

Ooops, no.

Found it on Youtube, in a series of 4:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuPYxmWbUw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the tip!

... Kinda, without the taste test. Or at least I don't remember it. But yes, the rest of the footage is the same.

The Jim Beam and Maker's Mark parts were pretty good too. I learned quite about about the process, wouldn't mind a whole series on whiskey and whisky.

EDIT: Not exactly but yeah, you've got the same footage but just different editing it looks like. The one I saw was called "Modern Marvels Esscentials" so maybe it was a chopped down version...

Last edited:
... Not exactly but yeah, you've got the same footage but just different editing it looks like. The one I saw was called "Modern Marvels Esscentials" so maybe it was a chopped down version...

i found this
They are just recaps from older episodes. They have just taken older episodes and squeezed them into a 30 minute frame. Except they don't go into as much detail because the edit it out to fit 30 minutes. It covers the "essentials", or basics, without going into extravagant detail. It is basically a "spin-off" of Modern Marvels.....via history.com

I love scotch but Laphroaig is the one scotch that I will not drink. Nasty IMHO. I would compare it to licking the bottom of an ashtray. :laugh:

I love scotch but Laphroaig is the one scotch that I will not drink. Nasty IMHO. I would compare it to licking the bottom of an ashtray. :laugh:
You DARE blaspheme Laphroaig! A pox upon you and your house. Just kidding of course. Laphroaig isn't for everyone. :001_smile

P

pedro083

You are right i gave a bottle to a friend who swore blind i had filled it with sheep dip.

I have a little bit left in my cask strenth bottle and when i finish this off i am going to try and pick up a 15 or 30 year bottle. I have had the 15 but not the 30 yet.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom