What's new

New to DE shaving need some tips!

My gf wants me to shave and i dnt really shave only when i have to for interviews etc. wel li dnt like shaving much why the throw away razers hurt i dnt like them.my gf told about what her grandpa used to do and i was interested.then 2 days later my gf says ive got you an early birtday gift from online.i was like yay wonder what it is she ordered alot of DE shaving stuff so i was surprised.i got a few of the things today one was a Merkur Progress a large sampler set of blades from bullgoose feathers,iridium super,sharks,etc.proraso white tube shaving soap,and green tube shaving cream,proraso pre/post shaving balm,a super badger brush,proraso white shaving lotion,lather mug,and a bunch of other stuff.What am i supose to do^_^,?

Welcome to B&B!

You have a very good and generous friend. The least you can do for both of you is learn how to use this very nice gift. Make sure to visit the page Luc sent you.

Glad to have you with us.

Wow that's cool!

Ask all the questions you can think of.
I would not start with the feather blades.

I would go with a personna red or Astra to start. Feathers are really unforgiving.

Watch mantics shaving videos on youtube read the stickys in this forum ask lots of questions.

Welcome to AD heaven!

Welcome to B&B. You have a very smart GF there.

The very first thing you will want to do is Marry that girl. She is a keeper. :001_smile

Your gonna love DE saving. :shaving:

As another poster pointed out, look at Mantic's videos. http://www.youtube.com/shavetutor in addition to the WIKI.

And plus +1 for Bullgoose. Customer service and satisfaction doesn't get any better then that.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Start small. Read lots on here before you try it. Listen to the dudes who know what they're doing. Don't try for anything special your first time shaving. Enjoy the smell and softness!

Welcome.

That is a cool chick you've got there! All the advice so far has been great. The best thing you can do is learn to love the gift.

As others have noted, that is one great girlfriend you have there. The products you listed are all pretty high in quality. Proraso should be really easy to lather in either soap or cream form. The Merkur Progress is a great razor, but because of the somewhat finicky nature of adjusting/calibrating the notches, this video may be something to look into before getting into it --- [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZvMmuX_GE[/YOUTUBE]

welcome along!
Everyone's already told you to check the wiki and mantic's videos and they are a great start!
Experiment and ask any questions you might have too!
Go slow and be patient. It takes a while to get the hang of it.

Welcome to B&B and happy shaving!

Great advice so far - I found Mantic's videos very helpful.

P.S. Put a ring on that woman!

OMG!1 tried my first DE shave today and it was nice i used a super badger brush,merker progress with an iridium super blade,Baxter Vitamin E-D-A Cleansing Bar - Lime/Pomegranate,really good soap. Coates limited edition shaving cream another thing my gf got me.proraso pre/post shave balm,i also used the hot towel prep.but the thing i did not like was when i put the lather on my skin it burned like an irritated feeling hurt BAD but other than tht it was a really good shave!^_^

Top Bottom